Monday, July 02, 2007

Monday, July 2, 2007 - Weekend

I'm not nearly as lucky as some people to get most of the week off, but I do get Wed. & Thurs. off. Friday I took off at 4 and Paul and I packed and went to my parents ranch. They live about 120 miles east of us. We stayed over night with them and then rode with them and my younger brother to Mitchell Sat. morning. Along the way we got to stop at Chamberlain which is a little town on the interstate. Once you go to the far north side of main there is an old farm house that was moved onto a lot and renovated. The main level is several rooms of quilt materials. There's a kitchen and coffee is always on. The quilt shop was really awesome and I found the perfect black fabric for the borders of my black and white quilt. In the basement it is all set up for quilt retreats. A sewing room, a bedroom, a cutting/ironing room, bathroom. And there are more bedrooms upstairs too. It's a Bed and Breakfast in a quilt shop. It also has a cool porch out front. Needless to say I spent quite a bit there, but I had a really good time and we only spent 15 min. as the guys were in the car.
Then we went on to Mitchell and had a family picnic. One of my great aunts lives in Mitchell and the other in MN, so we each had to drive about 4 hours to get there. Our part of the family lives west river. We had a good time and had a mini quilt show of my mom and my quilts. My one aunt is a quilter and she was in love with them which is a great feeling since I have always admired her work. Then we dropped the guys off at Cabela's and we went to the quilt shop and fabric store. I thought the quilt shop closed at 4 and we were going to miss it, but it was open until 5:30, so we go to stop. I picked up some more b/w fabric and a journal cover pattern. Boy did we have fun! We picked up the guys and went back to Mom and Dad's. We were home by 9:30pm, so a long day after getting up at 4:30am. Sunday we splept in and then Paul and I drove home. His mom and her boyfriend wanted us to do errands with them, so we did, but boy was I tired. Then I had to do my school work and that took forever! I love taking classes, but it's a lot of work. We are going to the ranch on Wed. as the community my parents live in puts on a pit BBQ of a steer each 4th. This is the 100th anniversary of Milesville, the town I grew up in, so I want to go and be part of the celebration. The food is all potluck and then free will goes to the volunteer fire dept. It's always such a great time, but this will be Paul's first year there, so we'll see how much he enjoys it. He should have a great time, but he won't know a whole lot of people there. Guess I better eat lunch.
Post A Comment! :: Send to a Friend!
Monday, July 2, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by 51050
It sounds like your had a really fun weekend with your family. It can be tiring, though, can't it? Sometimes it's nice to get home and just relax away from everyone. Rhoda
Permanent Link
Monday, July 2, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Cre8tiveQuilter
It sounds like you had a fabulous weekend and another great one coming up! It sounds like that Quilting B&B is an awesome find. What a perfect idea.
Permanent Link
Monday, July 2, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter
How exciting! It sounds like you had so much fun! It's nice to get to spend time with family. Kristie
Permanent Link
Monday, July 2, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter
That would be my dream of a quilt shop and retreat in an old farmhouse. I love anything old. Kristie
Permanent Link
Monday, July 2, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by orchidlover
sounds like you had a great time. I hope you both enjoy yourself at the big celebration love and hugs gina xxx
Permanent Link

No comments: