Monday, July 30, 2007

Monday, July 30, 2007 - Quilting Shoulders

I know you've all felt it, quilting shoulders! I always think the quilting will be no big deal until I do it and get quilting shoulders. Mine hurt tonight! I'm sure you're feeling the same pain Jen. After sewing all day yesterday I was sore, so what do I do tonight? I think I can start on the wedding quilt and get it all quilted. Well I got the main crosswise quilting and once around the edges to hold it all together. I found a new stitch that I absolutely love. It's stitch 11 on Mode 3 of the 6600. It's a large curve and it just makes for an interesting quilting instead of just straight lines. I still have to do the middle blocks with two different stitches, but I'm going to do those in sections a little at a time, but I have it all set up, so I plan to do it this week a little each night. Thanks for all the compliments on my projects over the weekend. You guys provide such motivation and encouragement! I got the carpenter fabric at the quilt show and all I know is that it's called Heavy Equipment. I have seen it at the Quilt Corral, along with the same type of cowboys fabric! That's my next purchase. I know it would be right up Kristie's alley! I got the Fat Quarter fabric to make a sweatshirt jacket that I absolutely love. I guess I don't have a picture of it, but I made it when I took a spring break vacation with my mom and she helped me. I just went and looked and I only have scraps of the fabric left, so I can't even tell you who made it. It's called Love those Fat Quarters and here's a link I found, http://www.hickoryhillquilts.com/love.htm There are lots of coordinating prints that go with it. Well I think I need to go get a back massage and go to bed. Hope everyone had a sewful night!
Post A Comment! :: Send to a Friend!
Monday, July 30, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter
Well now, if you get some Cowboy fabric, I may just have to fight you over it. :o) Of course, I love anything with horses and cowboys...Hmmm...I wonder if anyone makes "mule" fabric? I would really love that. Kristie
Permanent Link Edit Delete
Monday, July 30, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter
Oh, I hate to bum, but do you still have that pattern you used for your cowboy boot postcard? I would love to have a copy... Kristie
Permanent Link Edit Delete
Monday, July 30, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by orchidlover
Oh poor you with the aching shoulders. Mind you i use it as good excuse for Malcolm to give me a massage. I also try and go to a local beauty massage lady quite regularly aswell. love and hugs gina xxx
Permanent Link Edit Delete
Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by
I so know what you mean about quilting shoulders. It's AWFUL. I will NEVER wrestle with a Queen Size on my machine again unless it's just in the ditch or borders. Thanks for the info on the fat quarter fabric. I'll be ordering some!!Edited by Cre8tiveQuilter on Tuesday, July 31, 2007 at 11:58 AM
Permanent Link Edit Delete

No comments: