Saturday, July 28, 2007

Saturday, July 28, 2007 - Test Drive

I love going to The Sewing Center! It seems I always find something I don't have, but absolutely must have! Last night they had a customer appreciation BBQ. They grilled hamburgers and hot dogs and had all the fixings for a great meal. Paul and his mom came with me, so they got to meet a lot of the gals I go to sewing club/classes with. There was a silent auction, door prizes, and a discount. Paul won a Bernina music box, I won a Glitz wand and stones, and his mom won a stack the deck book. The best part was the 30% discount of all notions and threads. I debated long and hard about whether or not to get the blue varigated thread in the small (same size as Jen's) or the mega size. I ended up with the mega, since my other small spool is half done and I use blue varigated a lot. I also use brown varigated a lot for the guys quilts. Anyway I'm using the blue varigated for my brothers quilt and I want to work on it this weekend. Thanks again to my wonderful mother who helped me pin baste my quilt, it is ready to be quilted. Now if I could only get her to do the binding for this quilt! She will have to help me though because it is a stripe that I am going to make bias binding with, so she will have to help me get to the continuous bias binding stage where it's all sewn and cut apart. That's the kind of binding that always gets me! Wow I really get side tracked here!
This morning Paul had me up at 5:30 and we went to the lake to fish. I really don't mind fishing, but it's the early hours that get to me. We caught a few small ones, but no keepers. It had rained last night, so that didn't help. It also rained as we were getting ready to have a picnic lunch, so we brought the food home. He took a nap and I went to the Sewing Center again. They were having a Test Drive a Bernina event and I thought I would check it out. Remember the Humbug bags I made a few weeks ago? That's what everyone was making. They ended up being really cool! Then I went to Hancocks where I got batting for 50% off instead of the 30% I thought it was supposed to be and with my guild discount I got another 10% off! I was in heaven getting the white batting I needed for my b/w quilt. I came home and thanks to Cindy, decided I needed to straighten up my sewing room. I put everything away and cleaned out my entire fabric stash and organized it by color and prints. It looks so good and I'm ready to sew now! Paul decided we needed to go out on a date tonight, since we were both home and didn't have big plans. We went to Menards and I got a board to make a big board ironing surface and he checked on flooring prices as we are putting hardwood floors in the living room. Then we went to the movie I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry. It gave us both a few good laughs. Then he took me to the new Sonic. It's been open a couple months, but we don't like to fight the 3 blocks of backed up traffic, so we hadn't gone. At 10 it was still really busy! I'm tired tonight, so I think I will go to bed and try sewing tomorrow. It's so nice when Paul takes me on romantic dates, even if it is to the hardware store. At least he came to the store with me last night. I told him the 25th anniversary of the store is coming up in Oct. and he'll need to come with me so hopefully he can win a prize for me then too. He gave me the music box. He's a keeper!
Post A Comment! :: Send to a Friend!
Sunday, July 29, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by SewAndSnip
You sure have been a busy gal. Sounds like you had a great time at the sewing center BBQ. Great deals at the fabric store too. Doesn't it just make you feel good when you can come home with some bargains? I'm glad I could inspire you to straighten up your sewing room. I'm working on my apartment a little at a time using Gina's idea of 15 minutes at a time. Cindy
Permanent Link Edit Delete
Sunday, July 29, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter
Wow, sloooow down. Sure sounds like you had an exciting time. It's probably a good thing that I don't live close to a quilt store. Kristie
Permanent Link Edit Delete
Sunday, July 29, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Cre8tiveQuilter
WOW, it sounds like you had a great time! You'll have to post your big board building because I think my mom has it in her head that she needs to make one. ANd you know, if mom's going to make one that means I might as well make one too.
Permanent Link Edit Delete
Sunday, July 29, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by 51050
Sounds like you had a fun weekend! good company, good deals, life is good! If everyone else is cleaning up their sewing area . . . Rhoda
Permanent Link Edit Delete

No comments: