Thursday, July 19, 2007

Thursday, July 19, 2007 - Success!

Tues. night I really wanted to finish up the tablerunner for the shower, but Paul wanted to go out to eat. We ended up going to Piesanno's Picasso. It's this really neat small restaurant that makes specialty pizza. Their special was calzones, so I had one of those instead. It was delicious! Then we went to the crazy store and I did my shopping for the wedding shower. By the time we got home it was 8, but I was determined to get the top done at least. Well when Paul went to bed I had the top done and was just putting on the borders. I got the first one on and it went well, went to add the second border and that didn't go so well. instead of cutting off the ends, I cut the folded side. I knew I was too tired to do any more so I quit. I went to bed and it was 11! I couldn't believe it was so late, no wonder I made a stupid mistake. I finally had some success last night. I made 12 table toppers with the rolled hem on my serger and got those ready for the shower. I had enough fabric to make the last border on the table runner and got that done. Then I went to quilt it. Well I didn't have anything for the back. That's what always gets me. I never have enough for the back. So I used some of the backing for the quilt. Pray that I didn't use too much, but I don't think I did. So I quilted it and put the bind on and was done by 9:30! I am so glad to have that done. I bought the bag for the gift yesterday at the party store, so that is taken care of too. I just have to do a little shopping Sat. morning before I go home to get the sherbet for the punch and the nuts. Tonight is Sew and Sew's. It's a club for all people who go to the Sewing Center. It meets every other month and last for a couple hours. They have a theme of seasons this year. Last year it was the rooms of the home. So tonight is Fall. I'm excited to see what is new and available. Plus they have some really good deals on club night. Mom and I will go out to eat with the other workers and then be back in time. The last hour is usually spent on show and tell. Let me tell you I actually have stuff to bring this time. I have my woven star table runner, irish chain table runner, black and white bags, western table runner, western quilt top, and the signature wall hanging. I feel like I've accomplished so much! Now if I could only get my B/W quilt done for myself I'd be much happier. Oh well I still need to finish the wedding quilt and my dress for the wedding first. I really have to set priorities. It's killing me to have a UFO and not have time to finish it. I have one other UFO that has been that way for 2 years because I can't figure out the curved binding. I think I'm going to end up doing it by hand.
Enough rambling for this morning. Have a sewful day!
Post A Comment! :: Send to a Friend!
Thursday, July 19, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Cre8tiveQuilter
Wow, You've been so busy and you've got tons to take with you for show and tell. That's awesome!!
Permanent Link Edit Delete
Thursday, July 19, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by 51050
How productive you've been. Good job! and you're done for the shower. I hate doing things at the last minute, but that's often how it goes. Rhoda
Permanent Link Edit Delete
Thursday, July 19, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter
Sure sounds like you got a lot done...Makes me feel bad, I haven't done much of anything for the past couple of days... Kristie
Permanent Link Edit Delete

No comments: