Sunday, July 22, 2007

Sunday, July 22, 2007 - Wal-mart AKA The Crazy Store

At least once a week Paul and I or my mom and I go to Wal-mart for needed supplies, groceries, etc. It is kind of a scuzzy store just for the part of town it is in, but it's the only one in town. They are attempting to build another one on the south side of town where I work, but there is a lot of red tape from the old people in town that don't want the city to grow. They finally had a vote as to allowing the infastructure for a new one. Well it passed by a huge majority. The people want a new one, but there have been other problems, so we still don't know if or when there will be a new one. Since there is only one in town, we go to it. Sometimes on the weekends we'll drive the 45 miles to Spearfish to the nicer one. We usually eat out, go to the park, fish hatchery, and do some other touristy stuff as an excuse. The reason that we call it the crazy store is because they never have enough help and it's always busy. Sat. afternoons there should never be attempted. Friday night all the scary people come out. We always joke that we need to spill stuff on ourselves and roll in the dirt so we look like we fit in. On the first the natives get there checks, so the weekend following is super busy and the 10th is when the welfare checks come out and we won't go on that day as there isn't a checker in sight because the lines are all to the aisle. Every family will have at least 2 sometimes 3 heaping filled carts. It's simply ridiculous. I have a lot more patience than a lot of people, but there are somedays I will pay more at a grocery store or Target for the same things just so I don't have to go there.
On a happier note, I made it home to my parents. My little brother came with me, so at least I had a travelling companion. It's about a two hour drive, so always nice to have someone keep me company. Well it's time to get mom up and work on my quilt before my other bro gets here.
Post A Comment! :: Send to a Friend!
Sunday, July 22, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by SewAndSnip
Wow it's like you're describing one of the WalMarts we have around here. We justplain don't go to it but we have more options than you do. A few years back there was a really nice K Mart close to home that closed and WalMart took over the building and completely redid it. That's the one we all go to. The other one is about the same distance from here but we don't go in that one. I swear every strange person in the entire city of Milwaukee goes to that one. Before our nice one opened we used to have a pact that we didn't go there alone. I'm glad you made it to your Mom's and all is well. Enjoy your weekend. Take lots of pictures. Cindy
Permanent Link Edit Delete
Sunday, July 22, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter
Yes, I know what you mean about it being busy at certain times of the month. Where I am a housewife, I sometimes forget the what day of the month that it is and sometimes end up at the store on those times of the month...So what is your project that you are working on now? Kristie
Permanent Link Edit Delete
Monday, July 23, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Cre8tiveQuilter
Oh Moniek, we've said the same thing about having to roll in dirt before going. My mom is right, the one right by us is a very scary place!! I really need to pay more attention to the dates of the month when people get their checks, I'm sure it would help to avoid!!
Permanent Link Edit Delete

No comments: