Monday, May 01, 2017

April Accomplishments

My April accomplishments have really made me happy. I finished up the binding on the Dangerous Mystery quilt. I hung it in my office and left it hanging this month. I love how bright and pretty it is.

My Dangerous mystery BOM quilt is my first finish of April. @gedesignsgudrun
I made a minkee blanket for Mathew. He picked out the puppy minkee.
Tonight both kids got new minkee blankets. Mathew picked the red dogs. He's ready to retire his Cars blanket. Mikaela's made it to her bed as soon as it was done.
I also made a florescent pink/bright minkee blanket for Mikaela. She got a gift card for her birthday to the Sewing Center from her uncle and she wanted a new blanket.
Mikaela's new minkee blankets. Thanks Uncle Eddie for the gift certificate to the Sewing Center. She chose the brightest fabrics for a new snuggle blanket.
This is the progress on the Sakura quilt I've been working on. It's a loose interpretation of the Seven Sisters pattern. I'm in love with how it is coming together. I already have the next round of blocks made.
Seven sisters. I think these need another rounds, so I cut out and basted more blocks today. #sakurafabric #hexies #Englishpaperpiecing
I made two little Easter pouches for my dad's wife and my sister-in-law for Easter.
Mikaela picked out this Easter fat quarter a few weeks ago, so I figured I should make something for Easter with it or it would just sit. Two Sweet pea pods made in 30 minutes ! These are so quick and easy and use 1/2 of a zipper, so I could make 2 with 1
I quilted the Glamping 5 & Dime quilt I made. I'll get it bound by the end of May.
It was a perfect day to take a picture of the quilt outside. This really shows the true colors of the quilt.
My Radiant Star quilt is completed! I spent the entire month finishing the quilt for my co-worker, the program director I work with, who is retiring.
I wanted to have the sides pop a bit, so I put magic binding on it.
I even broke out the embroidery machine and made a label for it.
I pieced the backing as well.
I also finished sewing my oldest UFO. This is a table runner I started with EPP hexies back in June of 2011. I'm just so happy to finally have it done.
Finished my oldest UFO, started in June 2011. A hand sewn, English Paper Pieced table runner.
My last finish for the month came in the wee late hours. It took me 3 evenings of sewing to make this Tudor Bag for the Sew Sweetness contest. I am also going to be teaching a class on how to make it in June. It's a great bag and I love the subtle colors.
Tudor Bag finished just in time for the contest. This bag includes a home decor feather print,  pleather brown accent, pink lining and zipper, with a brown top double zipper which extends past the bag on each end. #sewsweetnesspattern #sewsweetnesscontest

Our family went to Wall to experience my dad's wife join the Catholic Church on Easter Saturday night. We got a family picture, which turned out pretty good, considering it was after 11 PM.
Happy Easter from our family to yours!

Yards In this Month: 8.75
Yards Out this Month: 55.5
Yards In this Year: 48
Yards Out this Year: 123.75
For a total of 75.75 yards used!

Check out other stash reports at Patchwork Times.

I also had 72 hours of sewing time this month. Major parts of that came from 2 days of quilting at my dad's and a LOT of hand work. I spent several hours each week doing hand stitching and even had one day of 4 hours straight hand stitching. I am so pleased with the progress I've made on my UFO EPP projects.