Thursday, October 06, 2011

Blush Top DONE!

Paul's been working in Pierre all week, so after I got Mikaela to bed, I had some sewing time. I was able to put all the blocks together for my Blush quilt on Monday and Tuesday nights. On Wed. I decided it needed the border extended down into the quilt, so I tore the seams and added pieces to the top and bottom. I love how it turned out.

Quilt 012
I bought the fabric for the borders on clearance when I was in Dell Rapids, so I only paid $12 for the entire top! The jelly roll was won in a drawing Cindy from Blue Bird Sewing had. It had words and was very directional, so I cut the borders lengthwise. I measured all the borders and the entire top was sewn with the 1/4" foot. For those of you who know me well. I almost always sew with the walking foot and I don't always measure my borders the "correct" way. I actually took the time to do so on this quilt.
Quilt 014
Thurs. night Paul was home, so he watched Mikaela so I could measure and get the borders put on. It's now ready for quilting. I just have to put the backing together, but I haven't been home long enough to do that yet. I do have all the fabric, so it will go together quickly!
Quilt 032



12 comments:

Three Birds Inspired said...

Very pretty quilt. What pattern did you use? I have a jelly roll and haven't decided on a pattern yet and I really like this one!

Jennifer said...

Looks great!

mtnquiltr said...

What a pretty quilt! I used Blush jelly rolls to make a postage stamp quilt, but I think your pattern really suits the fabric. Great!

Eden said...

that looks great. I LOVE that border fabric with it and it was totally worth the time it took to cut them the long way. Great top!

Kerstin said...

That is such a beautiful quilt, love it!

Lynette said...

So nice. I love the fabric. :)

Anonymous said...

So pretty! Nice pick for the borders!

Janet said...

I love Blush and this quilt is awesome!

Kirsten said...

Beautiful - love these fabrics!!

Scrap,Quilt, Preach said...

my fav fabrics and a good pattern to show them off.

quiltin cntrygrl said...

Love the colors! I think I have some of your border fabric in my stash set aside for pillow cases.

Marg said...

That's a very pretty quilt. Love the Blush!