Wednesday, October 12, 2011

MY SEW DOWN UFO's

Moneik Quilts Sew Down

I have lots of UFO's but I'm picking just a few to focus on for the next month. I think a few will be manageable and I might even stretch myself if I can find the time.

Paul's Wolf - I really would like to finish this for him by Christmas, so my goal is to get all the applique done in the next month and be ready to quilt it the following month. I've put this one off for 3 years because it scares me to death! I'm not real good at applique, but I've just gotta do it!

Ed's Crown Royal Quilt - I have about half the blocks made, all the fabric bought, and all the Crown Royal squares cut out, I just have to buckle down and work on it. I've been making a few blocks a night when I have a chance and that seems to help. I don't get as bored with it. It's supposed to be his Christmas present, so we'll see. I'd like to finish the top during the Sew Down!

Those are my two Sew Down goals, but if I have some extra time I'll also work on these other UFO's:
Blush Quilt - Top is done - needs quilted
Mocha Meringue - Blocks are done, needs laid out, pieced, borders, quilting
Mom's Jim Shore Quilt - Top is done - needs quilted
Mom's Pink Ribbon Quilt - Blocks are done, needs pieced, borders, quilting

I have a few other quilts cut out, but they aren't this far along and these are the ones I'd like to finish by the end of the year. I have a few other projects, like a baby blanket, and fabric books that aren't UFO's that will get finished during this time as well.
I'm looking forward to a great UFO challenge and hope you'll join me in the 2011 UFO SEW DOWN!


1 comment:

quiltin cntrygrl said...

Sounds great!! I will have to pass this time.. Have been on bed rest and not feeling so great so I haven't been pushing myself to finish anything. I know you'll finish yours though.