Wednesday, August 31, 2016

August Accomplishments

August was another successful month for me. I didn't get a goal set for OMG, so I worked on things for the fair. 
I made a wool bag for the SD Sheepgrowers Association meeting contest and then they will auction it off for scholarship money. 
I also finished my sample for my piecing basics and machine quilting class at The Sewing Center. It's part of a series of beginner classes we're doing. 
We had an UpCraft event at the Sewing Center in August, so I made this Supply Case 
Finished my #creativemakersupplycase
It's made to hold my smaller rulers when I travel. 
The inside of my #creativemakersupplycase to hold small rulers.
I also made a couple Sweetpea Pods for the girls at work as Birthday presents. 
Jackie's birthday gift. A sweetpea pod in BHSU colors.
I'm staying caught up with the GE Designs Dangerous Block of the month. This is block 4. 
I also finished the camper quilts from the panel I had. I'm hanging these in our camper. 
I started and finished a star quilt for my co-worker for Christmas. He loves star quilts and wanted a neutral/brown one. This is a wall hanging. 
These are the more true to life colors of it. 
I finished four of the blocks for the Farm Girl Vintage sew along. 
As I was cleaning/taking everything off the walls in my sewing studio, I found a few more pieces I had sewn as leaders and enders for the Buckeye Beauty quilt. I ended up with 8 more blocks. Only 19 more to go and I have the HST's done for 16 of them! 
Last night I finished the two Farm Girl Vintage blocks that are "due" on Friday. I'm so glad I am caught up again.  
I also worked extremely hard piecing Goodnight Irene block pieces. I have those ready to sew into blocks. I am hoping to do it on my day off on Friday, but we'll see how far I get. I need to have the top done by Saturday the 10th. 

August Stash Report
Fabric bought this month: 7.75 yards
Fabric bought this year: 67 yards
Fabric used this month: 12 yards
Fabric used this year: 182.5 yards
Net Fabric used this year: 115.5 yards!

Monday, August 01, 2016

July 2016 Stash Report

July was a phenomenal month for me! In addition to everything else I've already shared, I'm working on a couple other projects. This is a sample for my piecing and machine quilting basics classes. It's fun to make this from the kit I cut. I couldn't find the perfect border fabric, so I am going to the Sewing Center to get something at lunch today. I need to get it finished up before the 20th.

My piecing/machine quilting basics sample is taking shape, but I don't have the right fabric for the mitered border.
Good night Irene is finished with binding now. I plan to enter it in the fair and then it will be a sample for an event at The Sewing Center on Saturday September 10th.
Goodnight Irene is bound! It'll be a sample after the fair. is a new website we are working with at the store, so I thought I would give it a try. I printed out the pattern and taped it together. This weekend I cut out some test material. Of course, I didn't have quite enough, so I had to improvise and have a seam down the back and one through the middle back, but I am making it work.
I'm hoping to start this knit dress this weekend.  The pattern is ready.
This is my Trapeze dress so far! I only have the side seams and hem to do tonight. I am loving it, even though I am not a big fan of bias binding. If all works well, I am hoping to make myself a nightgown out of the pattern as well.
So far, so good. My free trapeze dress is almost done. Just have to finish the sides and hem. It fits too! is the link to the free pattern.

I'm really making some progress on using up my stash with this challenge. I have a few different dresses to finish and then all the new projects, except for samples, are coming from stash. I love using up what I have!

July Stash Report
Fabric bought this month: 3.5 yards
Fabric bought this year: 59.25 yards
Fabric used this month: 29.5 yards

Fabric used this year: 170.5 yards
Net Fabric used this year: 111.25 yards!