August was another successful month for me. I didn't get a goal set for OMG, so I worked on things for the fair.
I made a wool bag for the SD Sheepgrowers Association meeting contest and then they will auction it off for scholarship money.
I also finished my sample for my piecing basics and machine quilting class at The Sewing Center. It's part of a series of beginner classes we're doing.
We had an UpCraft event at the Sewing Center in August, so I made this Supply Case
It's made to hold my smaller rulers when I travel.
I also made a couple Sweetpea Pods for the girls at work as Birthday presents.
I'm staying caught up with the GE Designs Dangerous Block of the month. This is block 4.
I also finished the camper quilts from the panel I had. I'm hanging these in our camper.
I started and finished a star quilt for my co-worker for Christmas. He loves star quilts and wanted a neutral/brown one. This is a wall hanging.
These are the more true to life colors of it.
I finished four of the blocks for the Farm Girl Vintage sew along.
As I was cleaning/taking everything off the walls in my sewing studio, I found a few more pieces I had sewn as leaders and enders for the Buckeye Beauty quilt. I ended up with 8 more blocks. Only 19 more to go and I have the HST's done for 16 of them!
Last night I finished the two Farm Girl Vintage blocks that are "due" on Friday. I'm so glad I am caught up again.
I also worked extremely hard piecing Goodnight Irene block pieces. I have those ready to sew into blocks. I am hoping to do it on my day off on Friday, but we'll see how far I get. I need to have the top done by Saturday the 10th.
August Stash Report
Fabric bought this month: 7.75 yards
Fabric bought this year: 67 yards
Fabric used this month: 12 yards
Fabric used this year: 182.5 yards
Net Fabric used this year: 115.5 yards!