July was a phenomenal month for me! In addition to everything else I've already shared, I'm working on a couple other projects. This is a sample for my piecing and machine quilting basics classes. It's fun to make this from the kit I cut. I couldn't find the perfect border fabric, so I am going to the Sewing Center to get something at lunch today. I need to get it finished up before the 20th.
Good night Irene is finished with binding now. I plan to enter it in the fair and then it will be a sample for an event at The Sewing Center on Saturday September 10th.
UpCraft.club/sewingctr is a new website we are working with at the store, so I thought I would give it a try. I printed out the pattern and taped it together. This weekend I cut out some test material. Of course, I didn't have quite enough, so I had to improvise and have a seam down the back and one through the middle back, but I am making it work.
This is my Trapeze dress so far! I only have the side seams and hem to do tonight. I am loving it, even though I am not a big fan of bias binding. If all works well, I am hoping to make myself a nightgown out of the pattern as well.
I'm really making some progress on using up my stash with this challenge. I have a few different dresses to finish and then all the new projects, except for samples, are coming from stash. I love using up what I have!
July Stash Report
Fabric bought this month: 3.5 yards
Fabric bought this year: 59.25 yards
Fabric used this month: 29.5 yards
Fabric used this year: 170.5 yards
Net Fabric used this year: 111.25 yards!