Friday night I didn't feel like working on the Crown Royal blocks any more, so I decided to start something new. I have had my scraps of Wanna Be a Cowboy fabric all in a box and I had planned to use it to make a 5 yard quilt, so I pulled it out and started cutting. I knew it was going to have to be scrappy because I didn't have enough of any of the fabrics left.
I cut it out and started piecing Friday night, sewed the first set of blocks Sat. morning, sewed the framed blocks Sat. afternoon, and laid it out Sat. night. I got the top sewn together and put the borders on Sat. night.
Sunday I pieced the back together and loaded it on the frame. I got a few hours quilting time in, while Mikaela napped and was able to get it completely quilted. I put the binding on Sunday evening and started the hand sewn binding. I love how it turned out and I think it will make a great Christmas present for our daycare gal. She loves pink/brown and horses/boots/cowgirls stuff. She's always curled up on the couch when I get there, so I think this will make a great snuggle quilt for this winter.
I used a pink/brown variegated King Tut thread on top and a medium pink Bottomline.
The fabric in the borders is also on the back. I cut the binding on the bias so the stripes would look cool.