Thursday, July 12, 2007

Thursday, July 12, 2007 - Sit and Sew Success

Last night was great. I feel like I accomplished so much! I was at the store by 5:30 and got my stuff set up and right to work. I sewed all the blocks into rows for the western quilt. Mind you this is all done in diagonal strips and the pattern doesn't tell you how to lay it out, so I spent the good part of the time laying it out on the floor, going back and forth picking up pieces and sewing. I only had to take out one seam, but that was because I had to move and got the wrong pieces sewn together. I got the whole quilt except for the one middle seam to sew the two halfs together done. I am so excited and it turned out really well! Today I have to finish the weaving because we have class tonight for that. The crazy lady didn't show up, but the one's who were there were a lot of fun. There was another software class going on in the store and when they got done, one lady stayed to visit. She was super annoying so I just ignored her. She thinks is so much fun to live in a 24 ft. trailer in the mountains with no running water, sewer, anything for years at a time. Her and her husband have been in the mountains of WY for the last 3 years. She was telling of her run in with a moose and how she doesn't shower, just spit bathes for weeks at a time. I could not do that! I don't last a day without a shower. Guess each to their own, but that is not how I am spending my retirement! Give me a huge 5th wheel, electricity, and my sewing machines and I'll be happy or better yet let me stay home and take classes. I have 40+ years to think about it. Guess I'll keep dreaming!

Post A Comment! :: Send to a Friend!
Thursday, July 12, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Trina
LOL.....I wouldn't mind living in the mountains in a trailer for a while, BUT I would need water, a sewer and electricity!!! I can rough it only to a point, ya know?
Permanent Link Edit Delete
Thursday, July 12, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by 51050
I need a bathroom and shower, and I really don't want to heat water every time I want to wash dishes. I think there is merit to the simple life. mine is pretty simple. But doing without all the conveniences is just nuts to me! Maybe the moose was attracted to her smell! Rhoda
Permanent Link Edit Delete
Thursday, July 12, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Cre8tiveQuilter
Yeah, I couldn't live like that!! To me that sounds like a choice to live that way, not based off their inability to afford electricity etc...so that just sounds soooo strange! What's the term? "Granola."
Permanent Link Edit Delete
Thursday, July 12, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter
Can't wait to see your quilt finished. I love the western theme. I live back in the hills on a farm, but some people go to extremes. We are not nasty! I just don't understand some people. I guess that is just what some people choose to do. There is a man that lives not too far away from me, he is called "Mountain Man" he is alot like that. Kristie
Permanent Link Edit Delete
Thursday, July 12, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by cowgirl4ever
Can't wait to see your finished quilt. It sounds great. My parents have a house in the boondocks of Colorado (up in the mountains) and we do have an outhouse out back but we have running water and electricity. We only used the out house when they first bought the place because my dad wasn't sure that they people that had it before us had taken care of the sewage tank (or what ever its called). Like you said though to each their own. Heather
Permanent Link Edit Delete
Thursday, July 12, 2007 - Did she smell?
Posted by born2quilt
How funny. I can't imagine either. I can't wait to retire either, but there is no way I will be living like that. I am anxious to the day where I can be near the water and be able to play golf any day I want. I have 20 years to go! Stephanie

No comments: