Thursday, July 19, 2007

Thursday, July 19, 2007 - Pickle Road Studio

Okay I'll admit it, my mom is a quilt magazine junkie. She loves to get the quilting magazines and reads them all. I occassionally read them and then give them back. I just don't have the resources to buy magazines just to read. I do enjoy them, but I can only look at so many magazine pictures and that's what they mostly are. My mom has tried several mag. quilts, but the instructions are never right and she ends up with a big UFO. Anyway I digress, she accidently bought the same mag. twice, so she gave me the extra copy. She said it must have looked really good because I didn't know I already had it. Well I took it to work today and I couldn't put it down at lunch! It was sooooo good! It's by this Mark Lipinski and it's called Quilter's Home for the new generation of quilters. He's quite the comic and really tells it like it is. One of the articles is on thread, another on quilters commandments, and yet another on vanity license plates for quilters. I read it cover to cover and really enjoyed the articles! It's just that it's articles about things quilters talk about and want to know about. Yeah there are three quilts and their patterns, but they are in the back. For the most part it is stuff we talk about on blogs in a very friendly almost spoken writing. It doesn't have subscriptions, so you have to go to B& N or Borders, or quilt shops, but it's definately worth picking up a copy. I even joined his "Posse" an online quilt group called PickleRoadStudios. I just got approved, but from reading the archives it looks like an interesting group that says what's on it's mind. Check out this mag. It's on the web at> www.quiltershomemag.com.
Post A Comment! :: Send to a Friend!
Thursday, July 19, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter
I will have to check this one out...I have tons of quilt magazines...I look at the store every week when I go into town, to see if they have a new one that I don't have. My mom laughs at me, there is no way that I could make every quilt that I wanted to. Kristie
Permanent Link Edit Delete
Thursday, July 19, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Cre8tiveQuilter
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this magazine. I joined his posse a while back but the amount of email just became too much. I think I'm still on there but special notices. I always watch for it. I think he's just waiting for the publisher to give the ok to set it up for subscription status. I think it will do really really well. I enjoy that magazine much more than the ones full of patterns...I never end up making the patterns anyway.
Permanent Link Edit Delete
Thursday, July 19, 2007 - I just saw that magazine --
Posted by mamanance
I was at Walmart a few minutes ago, checking out their magazines as well as getting a few groceries, and saw that magazine. I had not seen it before, and picked it up to look at it, but put it back because it didn't have many patterns! I'll definitely give it another look!
Permanent Link Edit Delete
Thursday, July 19, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by SewAndSnip
If I'm not mistaken Jen has showed me that magazine before and it's great. He is really very funny. Cindy
Permanent Link Edit Delete

No comments: