Monday, July 09, 2007

Monday, July 9, 2007 - Busy Weekend!

I had a busy sewing weekend! Friday night Paul was tired so I went with my mom to the fabric store. We had a great time picking out the fabric I needed for my brother's wedding quilt. I had an idea of the fabric I wanted to use, but hadn't picked out what I wanted to match. Finally this weekend all the fabric was 25% off, so I went for it! I picked out a blue with boots, an off white with hats, and a baby blue and red to go with them. After having supper and going to the crazy store aka Walmart, I finally made it home at 11:30! Sat. morning Paul had to work, so I slept in, okay 9:00, but that's sleeping in to me. Then I did a couple errands and it was way too hot to be out, so I came home and made the humbug bag, then I made 8 postcards for a swap I am in. I got them all done and went to address them and realized two people wanted specifics, so I went back to the computer, printed the new foundations and picked out fabric. By that time the fabric for my bro's quilt was done and I was bored with postcards, so cut out and made the nine patches. The patterns not quite accurate, so it's a good think I bought some extra fabric. I sewed all those together Sat. night. Sunday I made a quick trip to the crazy store and then I made myself do my school work. I have a BA degree, but the school I work at offers business courses online at a reduced rate for employees, so I'm taking classes just to learn and for the fun of it. I still have to pass or they don't pay, so I have to be good about doing the work. All my assignments for the week are due Sunday at midnight, so I knew I needed to get busy. This quarter I'm taking Prin. of Marketing, so it's pretty interesting. Anyway I did my homework for two lessons for the week which took me 3 hours. By 2 I was working on the Churn Dash blocks for the western quilt. They turned out pretty good an by 7 I had them all done, so I put them up on my design wall and took a picture. Hope you like the others I took. They were all on my home computer, so I uploaded them last night while I was checking my school work. I really am in a black and white and pink phase right now, but I think it's a cool combo. My black and white quilt is the same combo, but it is taking a back seat while I make this quilt for my bro. Friday I also got the blocks back from a Fat 8th exchange I did on the Carol Doak site. They are really cool and will make a nice wall quilt, but I need to do the wedding stuff first. I worked on the invitations for the shower last night too. I have them all written out, now they need to be addressed. I am making a table runner for their wedding shower gift and a wall quilt with their picture for the guest book, so it should be interesting. So much to do, so little time. I also need to make another Humbug bag for the store as a sample. They are really fast, but I need to get more grosgrain ribbon. I only have pink and I want to do one that needs black ribbon. I think I'll finish up the postcards since they are quick, then make the bag and then maybe I'll get to piecing the wedding quilt top. It's going to be a short week.
Post A Comment! :: Send to a Friend!
Monday, July 9, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Trina
WOW you've been busy!!! I like black and white and pink too......kind of a retro feel to it! Thanks for posting all your pics, I loved your bags!! I'm still learning, but later on I'd like to tackle a bag.......
Permanent Link
Monday, July 9, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Cre8tiveQuilter
I got tired just reading about your weekend!!! Then again, it's not so different from most of my weekends! Sounds like you had fun.
Permanent Link

No comments: