Monday, July 16, 2007

Monday, July 16, 2007 - Aren't we cute??



I realized today I've shown pictures of my bro, but I haven't shown any of myself. This is one of Paul and I the night of the Black Hills Stock Show Rodeo in February. This is a huge event in our area. We spent the entire week going to the booths, rodeos, and other events. The pink shirt was for the "Tough Enough to wear Pink" rodeo. My mom had breast cancer, so we both tend to wear pink a lot. This year they had a special rodeo to support cancer research and all the cowboys who wore pink and won got an added purse. We also got a discount if we wore pink. This is becoming a popular rodeo in our state. Even my dad has a couple pink shirts. Paul says he has to be over 40 to wear pink, so I guess he has a while to go. We go to a lot of rodeos as many of my friends and former classmates are on the PRCA circuit, so we like to see them ride. In August we'll go to the Central States Fair and especially the rodeos.


Post A Comment! :: Send to a Friend!
Monday, July 16, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Cre8tiveQuilter
You guys are very cute!!! You look good together! You'll get him wearing pink yet. =)
Permanent Link
Monday, July 16, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter
You guys make a very nice couple. We also love rodeos, Richard (my husband) rode bulls for a little while here locally, but I begged him to quit. I love watching it, but not when it's my husband. Just makes me too nervous. Kristie
Permanent Link
Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by sunshine
What a wonderful thing to do! We also like to watch the rodeos on tv but love to go in person. Cowboys always have a smile and I bet they were "handsome" in their pink.
Permanent Link
Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by 51050
What a nice looking couple you are! You look really happy, too, and that's the great part. My husband won't wear pink or purple either. sigh. He actually bought a peach golf shirt this year though, and he looks good in it. Rhoda
Permanent Link
Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Vera
Cute picture. I use to watch the rodeo on TV alot but not at all anymore, no time. I love pink.
Permanent Link
Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Dawnmarie
I love to see pictures of people I run across online. I wonder about all of those weirdos out there lurking. You look so normal. LOL
Permanent Link

No comments: