Monday, July 16, 2007

Monday, July 16, 2007 - Exhausted!

I'm completely exhausted after this weekend. Saturday was Paul's family reunion. I had never met any of these people and he had only met a few of them about 10 years ago. We had a picnic in the park on Sat for lunch and then met at an uncle's apartment for the evening. It was the first time in 10years Paul's mom had seen her dad and he is now remarried and they had been trying to find her, but he only knew her first name as he has had a stroke. So it was really good for them to reunite and get to know each other. Sunday we all met for breakfast and then they came out to our house to watch the car races. It was so much fun! As soon as they left I got busy and did my school work. I hate doing it, because I always leave it till the last minute, but I got it done. Then I worked on the wall hanging for Jim and Addie's shower. I got it all quilted, but I need to put on the binding. I was just too tired last night, so I went to bed.
I got an awesome surprise on Friday night when I picked up the mail. Jen sent me a postcard she had made with a watermelon on it. It is so cool! I had sent her one as well since we both had bad experiences with the last postcard swap we were in. The hostess sent me an email on Friday saying I haven't received your postcard, where is it. I wrote back and said it was sent on Wed. you should receive it by the weekend as the deadline for mailing isn't until Sunday. She wrote back on Sunday and said she received it, but didn't know if it was mine or not. I said well my name is on it as the creator. Guess she didn't read the fine print! She irritates me so much!!! She wants people to make blank ones and send to her so she can send them on to her friends. So I wrote Handmade by Moneik Carol Doak OQG 2007. I take credit for my work! Why would you want to send something that isn't your own work? I think if I'm sending them I want to make them for the people I send them to. I'm getting carried away, but sometimes I'm just a little annoyed with this person.
Post A Comment! :: Send to a Friend!
Monday, July 16, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by
No, I agree the whole not putting anything on the back so she can send them on further is ridiculous. I made her one just for hosting the swap but I sent a message figuring if I was sending one I wasn't leaving it blank. I too would have put my name as the creator. I'm glad to be done with her. I can't believe after all that she sent another email looking for your post card. Well, I take that back, I CAN believe it because of what type of person she is!! I'm glad you liked my post card. I thought it was hilarious that we both thought to send each other post cards!!Edited by Cre8tiveQuilter on Monday, July 16, 2007 at 12:12 PM
Permanent Link
Monday, July 16, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by SewAndSnip
I think it's a good thing that you are done with the post card swap. Too bad in the end it was such a pain. I wouldn't have sent a post card that was blank to her. Heck then she can just send them on and take the credit for them. Cindy
Permanent Link
Monday, July 16, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter
That is really dumb, her wanting them blank! I would have put my name on it too. I recieved mine today from Jen, loved it. Really made my day! I have yet to make any, but think they will be in my near future... Kristie
Permanent Link

No comments: