Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 - Accomplished!

I finally accomplished something. I was able to get all the blocks sewn together on my black and white quilt at Sit and Sew on Friday night. I even picked out the border fabrics which look really cool with the quilt top. I got an expert opinion on what colors to use, which were different than what I was planning, but oh well they will look great. I also was able to get my dress top altered to have a different neckline. I'm going to cut it out tomorrow night at Sit and Sew. This weekend I worked at TSC which is a local sewing store. I help out a few Sat. a month, so it is a way to see what is new and to get some experience. I always find it interesting to see what other people want to sew. Sunday I cut out the binding for a tablerunner I want to finish. It was storming, so I couldn't sew, but at least I got it cut out and the binding is ready to go on it if I ever stay home long enough. Last night my boyfriend and I went to the World of Outlaws races. They were held at the local speedway and it was awesome, minus when they had to pick the rocks off the Speedway. We didn't get home until 2AM, so I am completely exhausted, but oh well, they only come once a year if that. Usually we have to travel 10+ hours to Fargo, ND to get to see them. I was hoping to get to sew tonight, but my boyfriends mom needs my help dress shopping. She has no daughters, so she relies on me to help her pick out appropriate clothing. She was wearing a size 18 when I met her, even though she was really a size 14. Now she is down to a size 8 and hasn't bought a dress since she was an 18! Her boyfriend's son is getting married in 2 weeks and he wants her to be his date to the wedding, so she needs a nice dress to wear. I love helping her pick clothes out as she just needs some direction. She now wears clothes that fit after 2 years of working with her and she is beautiful. If I could pick a career in my new life, I would be a fashion consultant to normal women who need to look nice, without expensive clothes or looking like they were teeny boppers. If I could make money doing it, I would, but there just isn't the call for it here. I use Paul's mom and my mom as practice. Maybe I should be a fashion designer too, since everything is so trendy and outrageous looking. I used to design a lot of my clothes when I was younger and in 4-H and doing modeling, but I haven't as an adult. The dress for my brothers wedding will be the first dress I have made in 3 years I think. At least this time I have a serger to use. That was my splurg last year and I can't believe I have lived without it.
Post A Comment! :: Send to a Friend!
Tuesday, June 26, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Cre8tiveQuilter
Wow, you have been busy!!
Permanent Link
Tuesday, June 26, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter
Do you ever slow down? :o) I don't see how you do it all... Kristie
Permanent Link
Tuesday, June 26, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by 51050
Maybe you should design a line of dresses and outfits for older women - not 50, 80. The women I talk to say they can't find anything that is attractive and modest without making you look like your great grandma! Rhoda
Permanent Link
Tuesday, June 26, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by SewAndSnip
I'd like to be a client of yours. I never can find anything that I like and nothing fits. Either it looks like you should be a teeny bobber or an old lady. It's very nice that you're helping her out. Cindy
Permanent Link

No comments: