Thursday, June 21, 2007

Thursday, June 21, 2007 - Back in the Swing

I think I'm finally getting back in the swing of things, for this week at least. We are experiencing 90+ degrees days, so when I get home I am just beat. Since I finished up the Fat 8 Swap for one of my online groups on Monday night, I decided maybe I should start working on the postcards for the other swap I am in. I have 6 to make and usually I just whip them out in an evening. They aren't due until July 15th, so I am really getting a jump on things. I printed out all the foundations I would need, pulled the fabric I would need, and got ready to sew. The problem was the focus fabric I planned to use for the postcards is also the binding for a table runner I have yet to finish. I took the class last month and it's been basted ready to be quilted, but I just haven't done it. So I put the postcards to the side and quilted the table runner last night instead. I just have to square it up and put the binding on. That will be a project for another night. I think tonight I will convince my mom to go fabric shopping with me. She works today and her class for tonight was cancelled, so we could go to all the fabric stores. I mean really I have plenty of time to make the postcards, it's not even July 1 yet. Paul says we are putting the hardwood flooring in this weekend, so I won't get any time to sew. Oh well the house will look awesome when it is done.
Post A Comment! :: Send to a Friend!
Thursday, June 21, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Cre8tiveQuilter
Is that for the Carol Doak board? I'm in the post card swap too, I thought we had till the end of July? I have 4 of my 6 paper pieced. Just need to do the other two and then print out my post card backs and satin stitch the edges. I'm going to try to work on them this weekend.
Permanent Link
Thursday, June 21, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter
Wow! You sure sound busy! Can't wait to see your postcards. I've saw photos of a few of Jen's and I think they are beautiful. Have fun sewing and putting the flooring down. We are building a new house, so I know how much work it is... Kristie
Permanent Link
Friday, June 22, 2007 - Postcards
Posted by MoneikQuilts
The postcards are for the Carol Doak group and the mailing deadline is July 15th. I'm sure we'll be harrassed in a few days to get them done. I am such a procrastinator, sometimes I leave it until the end just because I can. I haven't been late on a deadline yet. I finished up the F8 Swap this week too and am going to do the Uglies swap as well. Should be interesting. Nice to see another CD member. Are you in the 6500/6600 group as well??
Permanent Link

No comments: