Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Wednesday, June 20, 2007 - A little sewing and lot of home improvement!

Since I last wrote it seems like I am finally starting to accomplish a lot. I finished the rag quilt for my boyfriend and he loves it. I also made myself a tablerunner for the office that has sewing related fabric on it. At work we moved offices during May, so it has been a whirlwind of activity and trying to stay caught up has been a nightmare. Summer quarter finally started, so at least I kind of have a lull until we start Fall students. I am still working on Black White quilt from back in March. I decided to make it queen size instead of lap size, so I keep adding to it. The pieces are finally finished and together as a top, but I need to add the borders. In the mean time I used the scraps to make a purse, a tote, and a big bag. They are all way cute. Since the beginning of May my boyfriend has been putting in new flooring at the house, so I've been his assistant. We put granite tile in the kitchen and I've decided tile floors are like quilting because you can put patterns in them as well. Then we on a whim put laminate flooring in the basement. I love it because this is where my sewing room is, so I can speed from one end of my sewing room to the other. I had carpet before and that was a challenge just to move my chair. This weekend we are putting hardwood floor in the living room. This will make the house complete as we are leaving the carpet in the bedrooms. It will be so nice to have it all done and then I can get back to quilting. I've been sticking to my one class a month pretty well, although I haven't gone in June yet, so I'm getting in a rut. I did go to the quilt show and bought some new fabric and patterns, so I'm getting in the mood again. Hope everyone is having a sewful day!
Post A Comment! :: Send to a Friend!
Wednesday, June 20, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Cre8tiveQuilter
Wow, Monik you're sure getting a lot accomplished! I bet it feels great. Now you can have the summer to sew your heart out in your remodeled room!
Permanent Link
Wednesday, June 20, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter
It sure sounds like you have been busy! Have fun sewing!!! Kristie
Permanent Link
Wednesday, June 20, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by 51050
Doesn't new flooring make a house look fresh? So are you going to show us pictures? I'd really like to see the tote and purse and things you made! Rhoda
Permanent Link

No comments: