I was finally able to finish the two horse Miranda bags I was working on Friday night. One is for me, the other a sample. They turned out way cool and here you can see the front and the back. They are made out of batiks and you can just see the horses. My sample at the store sold all the patterns for the Miranda on Sat. I'm so excited that people liked the bag.
Paul and I spent the weekend at my parents. He installed a door for my brother & SIL and I worked Sat. and rode with my mom later on Sat. We got a lot of visiting in, I found the 3 yards of horse batik and accent and thread that was lost at my parents, and Paul got some hunting in. I embroidered a bib for my niece and it's all ready to give to her opening deer hunting season Nov. 8th. When we got home last night, my MIL had to show me the 2 sets of blocks she had made for her quilt. I was shocked! She usually won't sew unless I'm there to watch and help her. So I gave her this pillowcase for being half done with the blocks! One more set to go and she can sew them together. I'd love it if she quilted it herslef, but I think she's going to have me quilt it as this is her first quilt. She's made a few table runners and a bag, but this is her first quilt. The pillowcase matches the PJ pants I made her earlier this year.