This has been my project for the last week. I started it last Thurs. night at sewing wind up round up. I had received this awesome charm pack and was looking for the perfect pattern to use them in. I ended up using a buggybarn print for the lining and handles. It's the Pattern My Mom and Me. I made the large size. It's an easy pattern, except for the bottom which is rounded ( I would have just done square corners), but I followed the pattern and it called for bias binding. Since I'm okay doing the bias binding, I decided to use the oval bottom.
This Thursday night I finished putting the bag together, except for the binding. I decided I wanted to do a bias binding tutorial. Last night we stayed in and Paul cooked Manicotti which gave me a couple hours to sew before supper. I made the binding and put it on and then while we watched a movie, I hand sewed it down. It's now finished except for the button to close it, which I haven't picked up now.
It's so big that my Miranda bag fits inside it and there is extra room on top! I love the colors in this and it's super special to me since Jen sent the charms.