Tonight I was able to finish up two pillows for my dad to take to the hunter who gave him the Crown Royal Bags. I made two different blocks and finally decided how I was going to make the quilts - I think. It will be different fabric and a couple different ways the colors are used, but basically a gold and black with the bags. Although I love the churn dash block, it was hard to cut the bags and not have trouble with the bias and it was taking two bags per block, so I decided to use a different pattern that I can get two blocks out of one bag. Here are the pillows together. I quilted the tops with batting and muslin backing and then a back on them. I serged around the edges, so they are finished on the inside.
This is the first block I made several months ago to try out the pattern and see what color of fabrics I was going to put with them.
This was my second attempt. I'm much happier with the gold on the block, though I may swap the black and gold colors.