Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Nothing to show for all that work!

I have nothing to show for all the sewing I've done since I finished the bag on Fri. night. Sat. I worked and was pretty exhausted, so I vegged on the couch and watched TV. Sunday the wind was blowing 70 MPH so it was a good day to stay home and sew. Instead I cleaned out my closet and did a bunch of cleaning. I finally got down to my studio and started working on piecing a back for my happy hour quilt. I need to piece enough pieces to make about 45"x110" worth of backing. I think I got 5 5"x110: strips done before I quit for the night. I have two more almost done, but I was too tired to sew them together. That only gives me about 25" more to go. It's just so boring to sew these leftover purple pieces together to make the quilt backing, but I will get it done! I would really like to be able to put the quilt on the frame this coming weekend.
Last night hubby and I watched Dancing with the Stars, but I like to have something to do while I watch, so I finished tracing out the pieces of the wolf wall hanging I'm making for Paul. I'm sure it will turn out really cool, but it's a ton of tiny pieces to trace and then when I finished tracing, I decided to start ironing them to fabric. Once I started I didn't want to stop, but it was really late. I can tell this wall hanging will be a test of my patience. I have all the little pieces spread out all over the ironing board. I should have finished one project before starting another!

1 comment:

Regina said...

You mean we are supposed to finish projects??? LOL!!! I know what you mean about needing something to do - and not being able to stop once you get on a roll with a project...