Thursday, October 30, 2008

My "Beginning Quilting" Class

In September 2005 I finally settled into my new home in Black Hawk, my new job, and finally felt a little stablility in my life after three months of living out of a suitcase. I took a beginning quilt class at the Sewing Center taught by Tammy. As stubborn as I am, I still learned a ton during this class. She's very flexible and doesn't say you can't do something. She teaches the way she does stuff and then various other ways to accomplish the same task. This was 5 week class to make the Double Irish Chain. I had the fabric from my high school days when I was going to redecorate my room in turquoise and pink, so I used the fabric to make this twin size quilt. I'm still very pleased with how it turned out. My MIL would love to have this quilt, but since it's my first quilt class quilt, I don't want to part with it.
HPIM0960
A close up shows how I quilted through the pink and in the blocks.
HPIM0962
The border and binding:
HPIM0963

No comments: