Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 - Life Curves

I guess instead of saying life takes turns, I've been on curves for the last few months. I finished the three tops and finally got them quilted. I got the wedding present done for Nic & Becca. Since then I actually have done quite a bit. I made a picture quilt for my dad for fathers day. That took most of May and June. Then I made three "Car" baby blankets and a table runner for a coworkers wedding. I made a red hat's quilt for my moms birthday and then a wall hanging for my godparents. At the end of July my mom's dad and my dad's mom were both really bad. Grandpa died Aug. 5th and Grandma died Aug 7th, so it was a whirlwind week of funerals and family. Thankfully neither had to suffer and are in heaven with their spouses of 55 years each. Hopefully I'll make it that long! A coworker and I wanted to make a picture quilt for our boss who is leaving Aug. 31. She collected the pictures when I was gone and we both made half the blocks. I sewed them together on Sat. and it's ready to baste and quilt this coming weekend.I love having a project to work on though. It's fair time so we are going to concerts or rodeos every night. I entered 6 quilts. I got two seconds and 4 thirds. I didn't expect to get first because those are the ones that are completely hand appliqued and or quilted and have hundreds of tiny pieces. I consider mine the other kind, the usable loveable hugable quilts that look nice, but aren't artistic and just for show. My boyfriends mom and I took a Woven Star class from my mom right before my grandparents died. I got mine done, but she didn't so I still need to help her. It is the first quilt project she has ever made. She only has to quilt it and bind it. Hopefully I'll get some pictures uploaded soon. I have done a good job of taking the pictures, but don't quite get them in my journal.
Post A Comment! :: Send to a Friend!
Tuesday, August 22, 2006 - Untitled Comment
Posted by llcathey2001
So sorry to hear about your grandparents but it is a blessing when they don't suffer. Sounds like you've really been busy making quilts can't wait to see some pictures. Lynda
Permanent Link Edit Delete
Thursday, August 24, 2006 - Busy
Posted by Luv2SewandSew
Wow you've been a busy lady! I wish I had your accomplishments! Can I send you my projects?! LOL! I am sorry to hear of your Grandparents but you're right - they're together and that's what counts! Enjoy your precious memories of them and it will make it easier for you! Take care, Michelle
Permanent Link Edit Delete

No comments: