Thursday, August 16, 2007

Thursday, August 16, 2007 - Adele's Run Around Purse


This is the run around bag I improvised from the pictures Jen and Hazel had. I went to buy the pattern last night and it was sold out and they only had the sassy bag, but that wasn't really what I wanted, so I made it up. I got this fabric for Adele since she is a cowgirl. Since Kristie is in KY, I think it's safe until I give it to her. I was invited to her personal shower/ girl's night out party this weekend while we are in CO, so I wanted something special for her. I put a fun shot glass, body lotions and shower gel from Bath and Body, a massager, and candles in it. Since we aren't real close, I didn't want to get something too personal. I think she will like it. I was going to make the wonder wallet to match since I have that pattern, but I ran out of time. I was making the purse last night and couldn't for the life of me get my serger to work. It hasn't worked since Sat. when I sewed my fat quarter purse. It's a brand new Bernina, and I just couldn't get it to work, it kept skipping stitches. I took it in tonight and the owner looked at it and said it definately wasn't my fault, something was up and he couldn't figure it out in the few minutes he had, so I left it and he is going to fix it. I finished the purse with a zig zag on my other machine. It worked great. Guess I'm learning to adapt. We leave tomorrow afternoon to go to Adele's and will leave from there for CO at 3AM on Sat.


Post A Comment! :: Send to a Friend!
Thursday, August 16, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by SewAndSnip
Oh it turned out really great. I really like it. Great job. Cindy
Permanent Link Edit Delete
Thursday, August 16, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter
I sure wish you were my SIL, then I would be getting all of these nice gifts! I love that fabric. You are killing me with these beautiful fabrics. I think you buy them to tease me with :o) I'm sure she will love the purse, I made one for the big yard sale a couple of weeks ago and it came in soooooo handy. Kristie
Permanent Link Edit Delete
Thursday, August 16, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by
Oh how cute!! That is some neat fabric...........where do you get all these western themed fabrics?? I got this one at Hancock's Fabric and most of the others at Fabric Warehouse... Both in Rapid City SDEdited by MoneikQuilts on Thursday, August 16, 2007 at 11:51 PM
Permanent Link Edit Delete
Thursday, August 16, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by lori
You did a great ,job love the fabric
Permanent Link Edit Delete
Friday, August 17, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by 51050
That is just too cute! I know some people who would just love it! Rhoda
Permanent Link Edit Delete
Friday, August 17, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Cre8tiveQuilter
That turned out way cute!!!
Permanent Link Edit Delete

No comments: