Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Tuesday, August 28, 2007 - Wedding outfit almost ready



Well I have a dress to wear! and a jacket and purse to go with it. I still have a little handwork to do on the dress, but for the most part it is done. My mom made the jacket for me (I wasn't getting my sewing done fast enough!) Tonight after I got done with my work for the day, I made the runaround bag out of the scraps from the dress. I hadn't intended to make it, but I needed some sewing time, the machine and serger were set up and threaded with the right thread and my mom had the perfect zipper in her stash. I used her BSR to do the stippling on it, then put the zipper in and serged it together. I love it and I think it will be great to have my camera, extra card, extra battery, money, and kleenex in for the wedding. I think the dress looks huge and I'm not really that big, but more the way the fabric lays.
Today mom and I spent cleaning. My mom did a lot a couple weeks ago, but living in the country we have a ton of dirt, so we went room by room and dusted, vaccuumed, and put up the curtains she had washed. I decorated with her quilts, quilts I made her, and put everything away. This will be the first time a lot of our family has been to the house, so my mom wants everything perfect. The vaccum started smoking and so we quit, called the neighbor and borrowed hers. My dad looked at it tonight and we had picked up a cigarette lighter and it had gotten caught up in the fan. Luckily it didn't start a fire! I don't know where it came from as no one in my familly smokes. We got the bedrooms, living room, and sewing room done. Still have the bathroom and kitchen to do, but will do those tomorrow afternoon. Company starts arriving Thurs. Tomorrow we are headed to Philip, the town near us, so I can get a haircut, eyebrows done, and buy groceries. I'm also going to hit the variety store for some fabric. We are going really early so my mom can have coffee with her friends at 7:30. That is really what she misses being out in the country, so I said I thought we should go. I think she needs to see her friends and share the excitement of the wedding. I just finished watching the Nightline special on Senator Tim Johnson's recovery from his brain mva. He is our senator, so I found it really interesting.


Post A Comment! :: Send to a Friend!
Wednesday, August 29, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by jillquilts
Your dress is gorgeous!!
Permanent Link Edit Delete
Wednesday, August 29, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by 51050
I love the fabric of the dress and jacket! It's just beautiful! The purse is the crowning touch.
Permanent Link Edit Delete
Wednesday, August 29, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by SewAndSnip
What a great outfit. I can't wait to see pictures of you in that dress and the jacket is perfect for it. Cute purse too. I'm getting all excited and I'm not even going to the wedding. Cindy
Permanent Link Edit Delete
Wednesday, August 29, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Cre8tiveQuilter
You did a great job! I hope we get to see a picture of you in it!
Permanent Link Edit Delete
Wednesday, August 29, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter
Wow, those are beautiful. I love the color. Kristie
Permanent Link Edit Delete

No comments: