Friday, August 03, 2007

Friday, August 3, 2007 - Finally Friday!

This week has seemed to drag on forever! I've been so tired all week and need to get caught up this weekend. Wednesday night we went out for supper and to the crazy store, so it was later when I got home. I took all the pins out of my quilt and it's ready to have the borders done now. Yesterday I got off early and took my mom's birthday present to her. She loved both of the gifts. Thank goodness! Then I headed to Philip to judge the 4-H Achievement days/fair. It was really interesting and something I have always wanted to do and this year it worked out. There aren't as many kids sewing clothes anymore, but I don't think that is just in our area, I think that is the case all over. Needless to say I was done by 7 and got back to Rapid about 8:30, so I took my mom out for sour cream raisin pie at Colonial House. They make all their own pies daily, but whenever we go there to eat, I'm always too full for pie. This was a great excuse to go there and have pie and celebrate my mom's b-day. Then we did a little shopping, even finding the new Quilters Home magazine. We were both excited and each bought a copy. There is a rug design by Pearl Louise Designs in the magazine. This is really cool for us, because we go to her shop quite often as it is here in town. When I was in Philip yesterday I went to variety store and got some cool mule deer fabric that I'm going to make a wall hanging for my brothers wedding shower in CO. We go there on the 18th for the shower, so I need to get cracking! Lots of sewing to be done this weekend. Time to go home and get to work.
Post A Comment! :: Send to a Friend!
Friday, August 3, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter
Really can't wait to see what you get done this weekend...Good Luck! I'm glad your mom like her gifts, they were beautiful. Kristie
Permanent Link Edit Delete
Saturday, August 4, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by 51050
The birthday pie sounds like such a good idea. My mom and I used to go out for lunch quite often in her last years, and we would often order soup and pie. Like you, if I order a dinner or even a big sandwich I don't have room for dessert. I'm glad she liked her gifts, too. But if you made them, I'm sure she would love them. Rhoda
Permanent Link Edit Delete
Saturday, August 4, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Cre8tiveQuilter
Sounds like you had a lot of fun. Our fair is this week too, I'm always just amazed at the things the 4-H-ers make. It's down here too. I'll take lots of pictures this year and share them with you all!! Glad you mom liked her quilt!!
Permanent Link Edit Delete

No comments: