Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Tuesday, August 21, 2007 - Whirlwind Weekend!

Wow this was really a whirlwind weekend! There were so many posts to catch up on today. Seems like I am running and won't stop until after the wedding. Friday night Paul dropped me off with my mom and we went to the mall to pick up a gift and eat. We had just gotten done when they stuck us in the storm shelter! There were tornados touching down and baseball size hail and extreme flooding. We spent an hour there before we were able to leave. We headed for Adele's house about 1 1/2 hours away. We got there about 10 and went right to bed. My brother Jim and my dad had spent the night too. We got up at 3 AM and left at 4 to go to CO. Adele's parents live down in the sand hills and we were going to attend her bridal shower. We made it to her parents by noon and went to the shower then we all went to her parents for supper. The girls went to a bar down the road for her bachelorrete party. We had a good time, but oh we were tired. Her sisters live 1 1/2 hours and 8 hours away, so we had all had short nights. She loved the run around bag I made her. Her mom loved her purse too and her favorite color is blue! I'm really good... no really I just made it and had no clue that she liked blue. Sunday morning we left about 11:30 and came back to Adele's house. Mom and I stayed over night and came back yesterday. We both worked and then went to the Neal McCoy/ Taylor Swift concerts at the Central States Fair. I'm exhausted but had a great time. I still have to get my dress done, but I do have next week when I am at mom and dads on my vacation. Tonight mom and I are going to Craig Morgan and Bombshell. Should be another good concert. I feel like I haven't touched my sewing machine in ages! She's going in for a cleaning next week while I'm on vacation, so I won't miss her too much. Guess I better get back to work.
Post A Comment! :: Send to a Friend!
Tuesday, August 21, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Cre8tiveQuilter
WOW, you have been busy but it sounds like you had a fantastic time. I can't believe you were in such storms. How awful. Storms are bad enough; but storms when you're away from home are the worst. I was stuck in Hurricane Michelle back in 2001 ON A CRUISE SHIP. All I wanted was to go home.
Permanent Link Edit Delete
Tuesday, August 21, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by maryann64
My Goodness you are busy it sounds like a lot of fun. The weather has been crazy this summer. We either have hot humid weather or it feels like fall. Please be safe when you are out and about. I remember Hurricane Hazel now I'm showing my age. We lived next to Lake Ontario and I was 14 or so just standing at the fence watching the water when mom came out and was quite upset with me. LOL. Hugs Mary Ann
Permanent Link Edit Delete
Tuesday, August 21, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by sunshine
The weather has been awful this year and my family is still recovering from the tornado in Greensburg, Kansas. With a click of the hand all your material things can be gone. It really makes me more thankful for life itself after seeing all the destruction people have endured this year. I'm glad you were all okay. It sounds like you guys have a blast. I enjoy all kinds of music and entertainment and about thirty miles from us Randy Pardon (Dolly's brother) just open a Theater. Concerts are so much fun.
Permanent Link Edit Delete
Tuesday, August 21, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter
Sounds like you had a busy weekend! I hate storms! They make me so nervous. When Andrew was real little we were in a tornado in OH. Luckily we were not hurt but the peoples house that we were visiting was a total loss. Kristie
Permanent Link Edit Delete

No comments: