Sunday, August 26, 2007

Sunday, August 26, 2007 - New Boots and super busy!

Wow! Everyone has been super busy this weekend. I feel like I have done a lot, but nothing sewing related. Friday after work I met Paul, my little bro Ed and my mom and we went to the PRCA rodeo at the fair. They have the best rodeo in our region and a lot of NFR (National Finals Rodeo) contenders there. JJ Elshere, who won the NFR 10 rounds last year, and I went to grade school/high school together and he rode Fri. night. His family lives about 5 miles from my parents, so we know him well. Chad Ferley who won the NFR Saddlebronc world title last year also rode. Jeff Willert who won the year before was also there. Those are just a few of the ones we know and several of my former students rode as well. It was a great rodeo. It was also Tough Enough to wear pink night and any cowboy who wore pink and won, got extra money. It's a big Breast cancer awareness night at the rodeo.
Sat. morning I knew I had so much to do that I was wide awake at 5 AM. I stayed in bed til 6:45 and finally got up and did laundry, pedicure, took my nails off, and packed all before 9! I am not a morning person, so this was a shocker. I went and got French tip nails put on for my brothers wedding, had breakfast with Paul and his mom ( I haven't seen her several weeks since I've been on the go!), and then Paul and I went shopping. He needed new black jeans and a wine western shirt for the wedding. We went to four stores and finally he is ordering the shirt in his size and it will be here Wed. I went looking for new pink boots and ended up with brown Fat Baby boots by Ariat. They are so comfy and really nice to wear. I also ended up with a teal shirt for the dance and a wine shirt for the rehearsal supper. I dropped off my machine for its service since I'll be home all week and not using it.
Paul and I met up with my parents and had supper then I came home with them. We got home just after midnight and had church this morning at 7AM! I don't do mornings, so this was too early. Then mom and I worked on cleaning up her sewing room, so tomorrow we can sew. I need to make my dress, embroider the pillowcases and make them, embroider the label for the wedding quilt and hand sew it on, and embroider some words for a quilt I am making for work. Mom has to finish the hems on the three bridesmaid dresses. Luckily she has two sewing machines, so I'll embroider while she's working and then I can sew when she is done. She has a serger too, so I didn't have to bring mine home. Tonight we went to town (30 miles) for the presentation of the memorial money from my grandparents to the Ambulance service. They are all volunteers and saved my grandpa's life twice, so we gave a donation for them to buy 4 Baby Annie and 1 Toddler Kyle maniquiens to train on for CPR. My aunt came and her, my mom and I presented the check to the service at their meeting. Tomorrow bright and early we are sewing! Have a sewful week. I'll try to keep you updated as the week goes on. Five days till the wedding!
Post A Comment! :: Send to a Friend!
Monday, August 27, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter
Wow, 5 more days! That is not long...I hope all goes well. I have a pair of those boots and they are VERY comfortable. What mine are just the 2 tone brown. Maybe after the wedding you can slow down alittle... Kristie
Permanent Link Edit Delete
Monday, August 27, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by SewAndSnip
Wow I got tired just reading all that you've done and still have to do. You must be so excited with the wedding coming up so close. I just know you're going to have a great time and I'm sure you'll take lots of pictures to share with us. Cindy
Permanent Link Edit Delete
Monday, August 27, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Cre8tiveQuilter
Wow...you are soooo busy!! I know you'll get everything done though! You're a trooper! Have a blast; will you be checking in at all?
Permanent Link Edit Delete

No comments: