Monday, August 06, 2007

Monday, August 6, 2007 - Wonderful Weekend of Quilting!

I think this was one of the best quilting weekends I have had in a long time! I got up early Sat. morning and made a wall hanging. It was really easy and I think it will make a nice gift for my brothers wedding shower in CO. I am going with my parents, brother, and his fiance to their wedding shower down at her parents, so I needed to get it finished soon as we leave on the 17th. I used the deer fabric I picked up on Thurs. I got the top done on Sat.
Paul and I went out with his mom and her dad and his wife for supper. It was a nice evening and a good break from sewing. We also did some fun shopping and I found a great new pair of black Wranglers to wear for the rehearsal dinner. Since the bride wore blue jeans to her wedding shower, I'm guessing the rehearsal will not be a dressed up occasion like some I have been to in the past. I know my dad got new blue Wranglers to wear. The groomsmen/groom are wearing black Wranglers for the wedding, so I'll still probably be over dressed for the rehearsal, but oh well. I also picked up some quilt basting spray. I tried to spray baste the borders Sat. night, but it was too humid and it didn't work.
Sunday morning I got up early and spray basted the borders outside, so that stink wasn't in the house. I also spray basted the wall hanging. I quilted for a while and then took a break. I did my homework for my class and got that all done by noon. Paul took his dog out to run, so I had a clean floor to quilt the rest of the quilt on. I got all the quilting done and debated making the binding. I wanted to do a bias binding, but I thought I needed my moms help as she has always had to help me before. Well I was determined to get it done, so work my tail off and talked myself through it and wouldn't you know, I figured it out! I was so proud of myself that I sewed it on and finished just after Paul got home. I was so excited and it looks amazing! I even washed and dryed it last night, so it is done. Tonight I quilted the wall hanging and put the binding on. I will have to do the hand stitching tomorrow at work during lunch, but it's almost done and then I will take a picture. Now on to my dress. As my mom said tonight, only 25 days left. Good think I have sit and sew on Wed. night.

Post A Comment! :: Send to a Friend!
Monday, August 6, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by SewAndSnip
You sure have been one very busy girl. It sounds like the whole wedding is going to be such a great time. Enjoy, and you have plenty of time to make a dress yet. Cindy
Permanent Link Edit Delete
Tuesday, August 7, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by orchidlover
well done on getting the binding done on your own. You have every right to feel pleased with yourself love and hugs gina xxx
Permanent Link Edit Delete
Tuesday, August 7, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter
Can't wait to see your new wallhanging, I'm sure it is beautiful. The deer fabric sounds very nice. I love your fabric selections...western, deer, and the like. Kristie
Permanent Link Edit Delete
Tuesday, August 7, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by jillquilts
Congrats on the binding and on being so productive! Isn't it great feeling when you do something like the binding without help for the first time?
Permanent Link Edit Delete
Tuesday, August 7, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Cre8tiveQuilter
Gosh, I cannot wait to see it!! You had as good of a quilting weekend as I did! Congrats. =)
Permanent Link Edit Delete
Tuesday, August 7, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by 51050
You were a busy bee! You got a lot done, and even the binding by yourself! Way to go. I'm amazed at how quickly you turn out a project. Rhoda
Permanent Link Edit Delete

No comments: