Monday, August 13, 2007

Monday, August 13, 2007 - Purses galor!

Well I'be been making purses left and right! I was waiting for Paul Sat morning so we could go run errands and I didn't know what I was going to do, so I went to my sewing studio. I had seriously considered making my brothers fiance a purse, because I saw a really cute one with a leather bottom and brown suede and a cowgirl pictured pocket at Chili's Friday night. That is really more her style than my black/white purse. Well I didn't find what I was looking for, so I pulled out some more of the fabric I used for my mom's purse and made one for myself. Mine's a bit different, but still way cute! We went shopping and when we go home I made stromboli and while that was raising and cooking, I made my purse. It was a little too thick for my serger as I used Pellon 70 instead of fleece. The zipper went in really easy so I was happy! I tried working on my dress, but at 9 when I sewed a seam wrong, I just quit.
Sunday I slept in then worked on my homework all afternoon. I work for an online university and one of the benefits if you will call it that is after a year we can take undergraduate classes for no tuition! I have a bachelors in speech communication education and some day want my masters, but that's not in the cards right now, so I decided to take business classes and broaden my horizons. I took Prin. of Management last quarter and passed it with flying colors and now I'm taking Prin. of Marketing. It is really easy and I have learned a lot, especially about the way online marketing is done. Sure makes you realize how much work goes into getting our money. I have used the local sewing store as my target company and Bernina/Janome as examples. So far my teacher thinks I'm doing a great job and I've learned a lot about these companies. But I have to have my homework done by midnight on Sunday and wouldn't you know I always leave it till Sun! This week is finals, so I have a lot to get done and won't be leaving it till the weekend since we are going to CO. This really cuts into my sewing time though!
After I got done I talked to my mom, since we were planning our CO trip and looking for quilt shops in the Ft. Collins area. She reminded me that I need to take Adele's mom a hostess gift since we are spending the weekend there. Being the creative person I am, I decided I would make her a ........ you guessed it..... A PURSE! Well Adele is a western person, so I took out some scraps and make a horse/rope/brown purse. I'll have to take pictures later. I know Kristie would steal it if she was here. It is way cute, but I tried to change thread and I had a total mess. I finally just quit! Tonight I worked on the serger, got it working, and I got the seams done. I just have to sew the handles on now. Well it was way to cute to give it away, so I decided to use a blue/purple batik and make her mom a different one since maybe she isn't as western as Adele is. I used decorative stitches and varigated thread and it turned out well. I'm pleased and I think I'll put some lavendar water in a spray bottle in it and call it good. My mom is making her a little table topper, so I think we have the hostess part covered. Well I better get to bed. I have a long day ahead of me tomorrow. Maybe I'll even get to the pictures tomorrow!
Post A Comment! :: Send to a Friend!
Monday, August 13, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter
Hey, don't leave me hanging! I need photos of these purses! And where is mine??? Kristie
Permanent Link Edit Delete
Thursday, August 16, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Cre8tiveQuilter
Wow, You're just turning out the purses left and right. I think she'll love anythign you make her!
Permanent Link Edit Delete

No comments: