Thursday, August 09, 2007

Thursday, August 9, 2007 - Bad dress

I worked hard on sewing my dress for the wedding last night at Sit and Sew. I was working on the back and went to press the seam when the mini iron all of a sudden melted a hole right through the dress! I was so upset, I literally freaked. I ended up recutting the piece out of what would have been a jacket. Oh well, guess that I didn't need the jacket or maybe I can get more fabric. I am so frustrated that maybe I'll find something in CO and scratch the whole idea. Guess we'll see what happens. I gave up on it tonight and worked on my hardanger.
Post A Comment! :: Send to a Friend!
Thursday, August 9, 2007 - Done that!
Posted by born2quilt
I have done this more than once. Last week I cut the fabric for a quilt lenth wise and then didnt have enough space to use the remainder as the backing. I would have if I had cut the strips correctly in the first place. I had to piece the back, which is not my usual. I am such a perfectionist with my quilts. Stephanie
Permanent Link Edit Delete
Friday, August 10, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter
Oh no! That's terrible! I would have died. But I'm sure all will work out fine in the end. KRistie
Permanent Link Edit Delete
Friday, August 10, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by 51050
I've had that happen to me too. It's such a terrible feeling! I hope you can get it all to work yet. Rhoda
Permanent Link Edit Delete
Friday, August 10, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Cre8tiveQuilter
I really would have given up and headed straight to the store! Ohhhh you must have been soooo mad!!!
Permanent Link Edit Delete

No comments: