Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Wednesday, August 8, 2007 - Hardanger

Since I finished the quilt and wall hanging and I need to be working on my dress, I decided I didn't want to start any new quilts. I packed all my stuff, sewing machine, serger, fabric, pattern and sewing to go tote and got it all in my pickup last night except for my machines. Paul put both in my pickup for me this morning. He's such an amazing guy! I can't hardly think at 5:30 am, but I can remind him to load my machines so I don't have to do it. Last night I went through all my new Hardanger books and couldn't decide what to make for my bros CO wedding reception. I was originally going to do a frame and put a picture in it, but I tried that pattern and didn't care for it. I found one that is an 8X8 square for a new baby and I decided it was easy, the wording could be changed and it would be really appropriate to have their names and wedding date on a nice piece. She cross stitches, so I think she will appreciate this Hardanger piece. My great-aunt lives in Mitchell and she has done some amazing pieces, so I really wanted to learn. My mom took classes on it years ago, so at Easter she taught me how. I'm not very good yet, but learning more every day. It's something different than quilting and it looks so elegant. Plus the piece I am working on will have both the teal and wine colors in it. I will put hearts in the centers of the motif since our least name is harty and our brand is L(open heart)T. It should be pretty cool and then I'll have it mounted with a wine frame at Hobby Lobby and it'll be easy to pack to go to CO for their reception down there. Plus I can work on it at my parents in the evenings before the wedding and they'll never know. I just tuck it away in my little bag! Tonight I have sit and sew. I am going to work on my dress for the wedding. I won't have time to stop for supper because the biker traffic is so heavy, but maybe afterwards I will pick something up. Mom and I ususally go shopping afterwards which is so enjoyable. Guess I better finish my work for the day.
Post A Comment! :: Send to a Friend!
Wednesday, August 8, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter
Okay, I have a question...What is Hardanger???? Kristie
Permanent Link Edit Delete
Wednesday, August 8, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by SewAndSnip
I'm with Kristie, what is Hardanger? Cindy
Permanent Link Edit Delete
Thursday, August 9, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Cre8tiveQuilter
Yeah, I'm lost too!! What's a Hardanger!!
Permanent Link Edit Delete

No comments: