Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Clownin Around Baby Quilt

My first finish since the retreat, was actually a top I finished at retreat. I completed the blocks and put them all together for the Clownin' Around Baby Quilt. I used the Triple Treat Petite pattern from the Happy Hour book. Friday night I put the borders on.
IMG_0414
This picture is a bit fuzzy, but you can see the perfect mitered lines I matched up. It was super simple as I used a glue stick to baste it and they didn't move a bit.
IMG_0415
Sat. night and Sun. morning I quilted it with a red/green/blue/ yellow King Tut thread. When I got off work Sun. night I put the red stripy binding on it. It turned out really huge because of the borders, but I love how super cute it is. I have several friends having babies this year, so it will probably go to one of them. I'm also teaching this class in June at the shop, so for now it will be a sample.
IMG_0417

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

It looks great Moneik! You'll have to do a tutorial on mitred corners for us next year.

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

How cute! Love it! And I agree with Jennifer....tutorial on mitered corners would rock!

Jen said...

I NEVER thought to glue baste corners for perfectly lined up miters. Great idea!!! The quilt looks fantastic! Some little baby will be very happy!

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful. I love the colours and your mitred corners look great!

Linda said...

What a fabulous quilt. And I agree with everyone else about the mitered corners and using glue. That's a great tip!