Friday, May 15, 2009

Productive Pants & Pillowcases Night

Since I'd been quilting a quilt for my MIL for the past week, I hadn't done anything else or finished anything. I was getting restless and didn't know what I was going to work on next. I made a list of all the projects I have started, all the projects I have everything bought for, and a list of what I want to get done in the next few weeks. Tonight I decide it was time to pull out all the fabrics for pants and pillowcases. I had plenty of this fabric leftover from the backing of a quilt I helped my MIL make, so I made her a pair of capri pants. I wanted to make sure they would fit me as well, since the last pair was a bit tight and I couldn't remember which pattern I used since I have about 8 different ones. They fit great and are the perfect size. She loves them.

IMG_0477
I still had plenty left, so I made her a pillowcase to match the pants/quilt. That's the last of the fabric. This is so NOT my style of fabric. I just don't care for asian fabrics, but she loves them. As a practical joke at work for Christmas the person who had my name, gave me 15 yards of this fabric in the peach colorway. Not only do I not like the color, peach is not one of my favorite colors either. I was really nice until the started all laughing. I'll always remember the joke and how hard we all laughed.
IMG_0476
Then I made Paul a pillowcase to match the shorts I made him back in November.
IMG_0478
Then I made a pillowcase out of the fabric I picked up at Fabric Shack when I was in OH. It's International/ Farmall which is very popular in my family, so it's going to a family member for his birthday.
IMG_0479
Then I made a pillowcase for myself. It's out of the Buggy Barn. I made a quilt out of the same fabrics for a sample for my Happy Hour class. Since the class is over and we're out of the fabrics, it's time to bring my quilt home and now I have a pillowcase to match. I have enough of the fabric from the main part of the pillowcase to make a pair of PJ pants for myself now too. I'll probably do that tomorrow night before I put the serger away.
IMG_0480
I don't use my serger all that often, but when I do I absolutely love it and can't imagine what I would do without it. I have a couple more pillowcases and curtains to make for my MIL to match her new quilt, but they will wait until I get the binding on the quilt and the curtains made. Now that I have the fabrics out of the fabric closet, I can work on other projects. I reorganized a bit and now I can start on some blocks I need to make and not feel guilty. I feel like I accomplished so much in such a short time.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Everything looks great. When you make your capri's do you use the pajama bottom pattern with the elastic or do you have a different pattern? I can't wait to thread up my serger and start on capri's and pillow cases.

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

I really wanted to make some of those pants a while back. Went and choose a pattern and when I found out how much fabric it would take to cover this butt, I figured 75 bucks was too much to pay for a pair a sleep pants! Ha! Maybe I need to get rid of some of the rear first? Just wanted to share my thought process with ya...TMI?

quiltin cntrygrl said...

I love all of it.. it looks great.. I love the farm fabric!!