Monday, May 04, 2009

Peeps Retreat Day 3 - 4 - Friday Night/ Saturday Morning

Friday night we got the snack table set up and we had plenty of Peeps to keep us on a sugar high!
Jill Quilt Retreat 025
As I worked on my signature blocks, many of the peeps went to bed. Around 3AM I started working on Thangles HST's and that kept me busy the rest of the night/morning. Jen B, Cindy, and Regina D/S all stayed up and we kept each other company. Regina and Cindy took all night to make Pie Pin cushions, but the crusts landed various places. Regina One I with her new patch by Jen. She looked like the Scarecrow from Wizard of Oz.
IMG_0318
Jen worked on her pink rosie the quilter signature blocks. (We were the only one's up so we also took a tour of the room to see what everyone else was working on.)
IMG_0319
Cindy looking like the lion from Wizard of Oz.
IMG_0320
Regina D/S playing with her pie crust.
IMG_0324
Lots of fun and sharing happened Fri night and Cindy said we had to stay up until breakfast, so we did. But then we crashed for a couple hours. All night Regina was asking how many limbs she had to cut off to "get a quilt out of you people".

3 comments:

Jen said...

Those were the funniest damn hours during retreat!!! HILAROIUS!!!

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

I agree with Jen! But wow, do I take a bad pic or what? You know...it was just a blast stayin up all night with you crazy women! I haven't laughed that much in a long time.

Cindy said...

Retreat was so much fun with everyone but I think those hours were the best. Who knew it could take around 4 hours to make a pie pin cushion. Everyone else doesn't know what they really missed by going to bed.