Friday, May 01, 2009

Peeps Retreat Day 2 Thursday Afternoon

Our Next stop was to Fabric Shack where we met up with Regina A. from New York. It was so great to meet her. Fabric Shack was really overwhelming. I could have spent another day looking. I found some great thread we don't have, a new marking pencil, International Fabric (for my Dad), a super cute scissors fabric for my mom, and a pretty batik for me. I could have gone even more wild in there but I didn't. I contained myself or at least I tried.
IMG_0250
Then we headed across the street for lunch and the best Peanut Butter pie. It was delicious!
IMG_0255
Then we were on our way to Jill's shop Best Friends. There was so much to look at and hard to pick my favorite. I ended up with a panel of Rosie the quilter and corrdinates to make a wall hanging.
Off to Wal-mart we went for Supplies for the "Snack Table" at retreat! We got way too much food, but boy was it a fun trip. Swords were the toy of choice and Jen and Jill dooked it out.
IMG_0264
Back at Jill's Regina gave us a trunk show of the quilts Jill quilted for her. They were all awesome.
cindy quilt retreat 107
cindy quilt retreat 109
cindy quilt retreat 111
cindy quilt retreat 114
Jen, Jen N, and I worked on the binding of my wedding quilt while Jill set up Linda's quilt on the frame. As the evening progressed, Jen helped her finish it and I took a pass at it. The rubber mats she got to go in front of it were awesome. I'm going to have to get some for my frame at home.
We all talked until the weeee hours of the morning. I think it was close to 2 before we headed to bed.
Next Posts: Our wedding quilt ... Friday... Touch Down Jesus
Stay tuned for the rest of the story!




1 comment:

Jen said...

OMG OMG OMG!!! I never thought to call him touch down Jesus!!! That's priceless!!