Tuesday, January 01, 2008

I MADE IT!

I didn't think it was possible, I even put it out of my list of goals for the end of the year, but my goal/wish/dream came true! I finished my black and white quilt tonight!!!!!! I had about half the quilting left and needed to put the binding on. I worked on it a little bit Sun. night, but still had a ton of quilting to do. Since I do it all on my home machine it was taking forever! I had to work today and Paul and I had plans to go to dinner and a movie tonight, so I figured I wouldn't work on it any more until the new year. I started this quilt in March, so I really wanted to have it done this year! Well I got off early, so I worked on it until Paul was home and ready to go out. We went to supper at Outback and had a great time. We were going to go to a movie, but he was tired and it was so cold and windy and we're supposed to get a storm, so I suggested we go home. He thought that was a great idea. So he watched movies and we drank at home and I quilted my b/w quilt. About 10 he ran me a hot bath since my shoulders were so sore from quilting. I so enjoyed it and then I was determined to put the binding on before midnight. I sewed it to the front, flipped it to the back, used steam a seam to put it to the back and stitched in the ditch around it. I finished my stitching at 12:05! Only because I ran out of bobbin thread the last half of the bottom! I am so excited to have it done and now I can finally move on to my wedding quilts. I am so excited to get started on them! May everyone have a great New Year and I'll post pictures after I wash it. I'm off to lala land for some sleep. We're going ice fishing at 6 in the morning. Hey what can I say I quilt all year and he only gets to go fishing a couple weekends a winter. I'd rather go with him, then him be all alone on the lake. I'm taking my Quilt Albums book and I should get the first novel read before we come home. Sure hope it's not to cold or we'll have to stay home.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Way to go on finishing your quilt. It always feels great when you get a project done. Happy New Year.

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

Can't wait to see pictures of the finished quilt.