Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year Quilting Buddies!

2008 is going to be my year! Hope everyone had a Happy New Years day. I was up at the butt crack of dawn to go ice fishing with my fiance and his mom. My little bro was going to go, but he was sick, so didn't. It was really windy and cold and with Paul's Vexilar and AquaVue toys, we were able to see there were no fish swimming in the 5 holes we dug. There were 3 others fishing and they weren't catching anything, so we left and came home. We had to stop and get Paul a new pair of Carhardt Coveralls though, because he gained a bit of weight in the last year. We'll both be working on loosing before the wedding. I took a nice long nap when we got home. Then I watched the Rose Bowl Parade to see my SDSU PRIDE of the Dakotas Marching Band in the parade. I was in the PRIDE when I was at State, so I'm a big supporter of the band. I missed out on the 2003 appearance in the Rose Bowl parade because I graduated in December. We played at the Packers game, Fourth of July Bicentennial of DC parade, and numerous other big events while in college. Both my best friends/bridesmaids were in the PRIDE with me.
Since 2008 is going to be my year... I started my quilting on a good note. I prepped all the fabric for my bridesmaids quilts and cleaned my sewing room. With the wedding 5 short months away i have a lot to accomplish.
I am making lots of quilting items for the wedding!
~ 3 Lapsize YBR quilts for my bridesmaids and flowergirl
~ Landscape banner for the back of the sanctuary of the church
~ 2 Bridesmaids dresses and a flowergirl dress
~ 20 Quilted tablerunners for decorations, 2 done, 10 quilted need binding, and 10 need basted, quilted, and bound
~ Jacket to go over my dress if it gets chilly, it is SD after all
~ Mother in law quilt

It's going to be a very busy few months.
Well it's time to get ready to go back to work. Hope you all have a Happy New Year.

6 comments:

Jen said...

Take one thing at a time. Schedule it all in there. You'll get it done. I've got faith in you. If you want me to quilt them, just send them my way; I'd be happy to. I could assembly line those table runners too....

Hazel said...

The ice fishing sounds like fun well fun for someone else ,me I'll stay in side where it is nice and warm LOL You have quit a list there of things you would like to accomplish ,good luck

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

I guess with having kids, I feel like I'm overwhelmed to get anything done for myself. I know you'll do just fine. Keep us posted on your progress, we'll all be here to support you along the way.

But hey just think, in 5 months it will be all over and be wondering what all the worry was over. How time flies, it will be here before you know it. Where to on the honeymoon? Somewhere warm I hope.

Cindy said...

Just make a list and check things off when you are finished with them that way you'll see your accomplishments. When Jen got married I made all the bridesmaids dresses and if I can do it so can you.

Kristie said...

5 MONTHS! That is so exciting! My Mom and I did all of the stuff for my wedding. It was alot of work but I am so glad that we did it. I think it makes it much more special.
Kristie

Cindy Larson said...

Good heavens! You have a lot on your plate!!!! I couldn't plan a wedding and do all that quilting. It would be too much stress for me! You go girl!