Monday, January 28, 2008

Extreme Bulls

This weekend went by too quickly! Friday after work we went to the Extreme Bullriding event at the civic center. It just one of many events at the Black Hills Stock Show and Rodeo which is one of the largest winter livestock events in the country. It was so good that we got tickets for the finals on Sat. night too. Sat. morning Paul took me out for breakfast and then I got my nails done (my treat to myself) and he got a haircut before we went to the stock show to look at the vendor booths. The booths are mostly selling stuff and it's fun to see what everyone has. There are over 400 booths to look through. In the afternoon my dad and brother Jim came out to the house and we got dad's cell phone working and input numbers so he can use it. Then we got ready and went back to look at the stock show and went to the Extreme Bulls finals which also included the Saddlebronc finals. Saddlebronc is my favorite event because a lot of my friends and people I know are in it. One of the guys I know won so I was excited.
Sun. I got up and went to church with my mom (she is working at the Sewing Center's Stock Show booth all week) and then we had breakfast before she went to work. I came home and took a long nap, did some work on the computer, and then prepared my presentation I have to give tomorrow. The only sewing I got done was half of the bindings on 6 tablerunners for the wedding. I'm slowly making progress! Today at lunch my co-worker Karen and I went to the Quilt Corral Too, where I found some really awesome purple fabrics. I know I just can't get away from the purple! I have to work more on my presentation tonight and then maybe I'll get to sew a bit. Wish me luck on the presentation tomorrow, hopefully I'll have great news to share when it's over.

5 comments:

Kristie said...

Lucky You!!! I lvoe rodeos! Richard used to bullride but that made me nervous, only because it was him. I just love going to the rodeo.

How is you eye?? I hope it is better.
Kristie

Anonymous said...

I'm with Kristie.. I love the rodeo and though there are quite a few down here in San Diego there will be bigger ones up north near my new station... I can't wait. How IS your Eye?? I will have to catch up with you ladies this weekend this week is going to be crazy

Heather

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Good luck with your presentation!

Jen said...

Well...HOW DID IT GO??????

Jen said...

Well...HOW DID IT GO??????