Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Public Presentation

Yesterday I had to give a presentation and I could choose what I wanted to give it on, so I chose 4-H public presentations and the important information to know when giving one. I did my research, read through all the materials, planned what I was going to say, and practiced a lot. It went better than I expected, but not as good as I had hoped it would. I've given tons of presentations in my life, I mean I do have a degree in speech communication. I love speaking in front of people, but yesterday was a challenge. I really haven't given one in a while and I was a little nervous. I think it went well and I was pleased with how it turned out.
I was going to reward myself with an hour of sewing time before Paul got home, but instead I made cheezy meatball subs from a new recipe, noodles and sauce, and greenbeans and cheese. I was really quite impressed with how it turned out and Paul took seconds so I know it was good.
After supper I went down to my sewing studio. I had three tablerunners that needed to have the binding on the front and then I could change feet and sew the binding down on the back. I got the three done, then my mom had pinned two down, so I stitched in the ditch around those. I thought it was pretty late and since I didn't have a watch on, decided to go to bed. It was only 8! I usually stay up until 10:30-11 every night. So I read blogs, chatted with my mom, and then read for a while. I have ten tablerunners that need the last stage of the binding SID down from the front to the back and they will be done. I don't know if I can get them done before tomorrow, but I'll sure try!

2 comments:

Jen said...

You can get those done; I know you can!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that your presentation went well

Heather