Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Butchering Weekend

Well I am having trouble getting around to writing like I normally do. I feel like it's been weeks since I wrote. The worst part is I read all the blogs and then don't have time to write my own. Friday's after work we normally go out to supper, but we're trying to eat at home more, so Paul fixed tacos. I had a long day so I was looking forward to a relaxing weekend and sewing. My dad called to say they were butchering two hogs on Sun. and needed our help. So Paul and I had to change our relaxing weekend at home plan, to a trip to mom and dad's. We did errands in town Sat. morning and then got ready and went to my parents. We were there in time to eat and go to church. After church mom and I worked on a timeline for getting stuff done for the wedding. We set which month things need to be finished in. Tablerunners and quilt tops are to be done in Jan.
Sun. morning we, including my brother and sister-in-law, butchered the two hogs. We had bought half, Jim &Addie bought half, and my parents got a full one. We got one done before lunch, and the other after lunch. We had supper and then came home. We were both exhausted, but so glad that is done for the year. I don't think we can put another thing in our freezers though! Last night I made myself go down to the sewing studio and sew for an hour. I was so exhausted, but if I didn't work on the YBR's they were never going to get finished. I did the first two steps of sewing and cutting, so at least I have a good start on them.
Then I searched the house high and low and still can't find the booklet I have to make wedding related hardanger pieces. I know I had it this fall and showed my mom, but for the life of me I can't find it now and I really wanted to make the front for the unity candle. I guess I'll have to keep searching, but it's really driving me nuts not being able to find it.


5 comments:

Jen said...

Ohhh, that's going to be pretty on your candle!! I hear you. I've had time to write my blog but not enough to comment on everyone else. Sigh. I'll get to it, honest. I've got to get the Amaryllis thing finished up and decide what I'm making you beacuse I think you won both categories.

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

Glad to see your still hanging in there. Keep us posted on the progress of the wedding. Can't wait to see pictures.

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Oh, I hate it when my relaxing weekend plans for sewing change! At least you were still productive!

Kristie said...

No photos of the hog??? Hehehe...I know that is such hard work. We will be doing that here real soon.
Kristie

quiltin cntrygrl said...

I'm like Jen I try to sit and read about everyone elses adventure and hardly get to comment let alone write my own. If you remember what book it is you were looking for let me know if I have it (or mom has it ) we'll send it your way. Don't stress about your projects you'll do fine!!