Thursday, January 10, 2008

Amaryllis in Bloom

My Amaryllis is blooming!
december quilts 032
december quilts 033
The tallest part got to almost 29"
december quilts 035
I took pictures of it last night in the dark, so hopefully you can see them. It's actually really pretty and was fun to watch it grow.
Last night I went to Sit & Sew. I worked on the design of my landscape banner for the back of the sanctuary of the church. I think it looks pretty good, but I didn't unpack to take pictures. I just used scraps of similar colored fabrics, so I hope it turns out the way I would like it to. I'll have to take pictures of it tomorrow.
Tonight I am going to a calendar class. Well really, it's kind of a BOM only, it's a finished block that you put on the quilted panel and add a paper calendar every month. I think it will really turn out neat. Tonight we do Feb.

8 comments:

Maureen said...

Your Amaryllis is beautiful! Thanks for sharing a picture.

Cindy said...

Wow it's beautiful. All I can do is look at others flowers. My poor plant has beautiful greens almost 36 inches tall and no sign of a flower. It's like watching Jack in the Bean Stalk.

Kristie said...

Very Beautiful! I can't wait to see your new projects! We need photos!!!! :)
Kristie

Hazel said...

Your Amaryllis is beautiful ,can't wait to see your calender

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

I'm with Kristie, the calendar sounds interesting and I'd love to see a photo.

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

It's blooming and it's beautiful, too!

quiltin cntrygrl said...

How beautiful!! I wish that I had joined in with you guys. Next year though!! I will remember to buy an Amaryllis bulb to join the contest.

Heather

quiltin cntrygrl said...

You know I never thought about doing a calindar that way what a neat idea