Thursday, September 14, 2006

Thursday, September 14, 2006 - Barn

I'm in the barn building mood. A year ago my cousin and uncle bought an old red barn from a neighbor and moved it across the country side (15 miles) and located it at my uncles place. It is a gorgeous old barn and very well built. They reshingled it and are going to do the siding soon. My dad helped with the move and is very enthralled with the "new" barn. I decided to do a wall hanging with a picture of the barn for his Christmas present. My mom and I went on a quilt tour to Lynette Jensen's design studio for Thimbleberries patterns and fabric and to Gathering Friends Quilt shop where Cathy & Deb design patterns in MN. We had an amazing time and had sooo much fun! In MN we saw an old red barn about every mile or so. I was so excited that I decided to see if I could find a red barn pattern. I found one in NE the same weekend when we were checking out quilt shops there. It was a paper piecing pattern so I didn't want to try it. I thought since I did so well with my paper pieced pin wheels that I could do this pattern now. I started last night at Sit & Sew. I had lots of help and still only got two rows done. The pattern is so confusing and poorly written that I just looked at the picture and pattern pieces and went from there. She didn't leave room for seam allowances either. I am determined to get it done, but oh is it annoying. I'll work on it some tonight, but I still need to pack for the weekend. We are going to my parents house Friday after work and then on to Pierre on Sat. morning early to the Vietnam War memorial dedication. My dad is one of the vets, so we are making a special effort to be there. Sat. night we are going to walk at the Relay for Life as my mom is a breast cancer survivor. My bosses baby shower is on Sunday, so we'll have to be back to go to that too. It's going to be a long weekend that goes by really fast.
Post A Comment! :: Send to a Friend!

Friday, September 15, 2006 - Good Luck!
Posted by Luv2SewandSew
Sounds like you have a lot going on! Good luck with everything! Tell your Mom congratulations on her victory! Michelle
Permanent Link

No comments: