Monday, September 18, 2006

Monday, September 18, 2006 - Paper piecing

Well it was definately a long weekend with so much going on. The Vietnam War Memorial dedication was awesome! Big & Rich performed their song "The 8th of November". We walked a few laps in a very cold wind for the relay for life and then went home. It was too long of a day. We got home Sunday in time to watch the end of the Nascar race and of course Paul's driver won and mine got 3rd, so I'm loosing in our bet right now. Could be a long chase if it goes his way all the time. My boss and coworkers all loved the baby quilt I made for her. I loved it too. Think I might go buy myself some more of that fabric. I think I'll work on some paper piecing blocks tonight and then my barn at Sit & Sew on Wed. night. Thurs is Sew & Sews club which is always a lot of fun and sometimes I win good prizes. Guess I'll have to get busy if I want to get all my projects done. I'm going to sew tonight. I so miss it when I don't get to sew every day.
Post A Comment! :: Send to a Friend!
Monday, September 18, 2006 - Untitled Comment
Posted by swartzrn
Sounds like you had a great weekend. I love the song you mentioned. I read somewhere that that song is about a real soldier who was with the 173rd Airborne Brigade. My husband's last duty station was with that same brigade but in Italy. It is by far his favorite assignment. It's nice to hear that song made about other "Sky Soldiers." Let us know how your paper piecing goes. I haven't tried that yet but want to. It's looks hard but I am sure it's like everything else--just takes alot of practice!
Permanent Link
Wednesday, September 20, 2006 - Feedback
Posted by Luv2SewandSew
Don't you love positive feedback on something you worked so hard on?! I am sure they loved your quilt! Glad to hear your trip to the memorial went well! We go to the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier here in DC and it's just awesome! Michelle
Permanent Link

No comments: