Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Wednesday, September 27, 2006 - UFO's

This week I've decide I need to finish up my UFO's. I figure if I work on 1 per night I should be done by the end of the week. Monday I finished up a CARS baby blanket.Then I cut out all the jeans from my dad that I was going to make blocks out of. Only 5 pairs, but a lot of work to cut open all the seams. Last night I finished the quilting and hand work on a Christmas wall hanging. I may have to take two of the sides out as I am not impressed with my quilting on the sides. They were too pulled and are off. Then I worked on rotary cutting out the blocks from the jeans. I got enough blocks cut out for my dad and maybe one for my brother. I've still got another 5 pairs I can use, but I decided to start small. Then I cut out the backing fabric and started sewing the blocks. I got 12 blocks done, so that is pretty good for only a couple hours worth of work. Friday night I figured out how to change the size of my pictures. I got my most recent projects posted. I use the June Taylor Colorfast paper. I do the colorfast process and then sew them into the borders and put the quilt together. Both quilts were meant to be done quickly. The quilt for the VP was done in under 3 weeks from the time he annouced he was leaving until we had it made and presented it to him. I love making photo quilts because they have so many great memories. Especially the one for my dad as my parents just moved, so the photo albums were packed away. I'm not on my computer much at home, so it will be a while until I get more photos posted.
Post A Comment! :: Send to a Friend!
Thursday, September 28, 2006 - Photo Quilts
Posted by Luv2SewandSew
Well you did an excellent job in the time frame you had! Good luck with the rest of your projects! Michelle
Permanent Link

No comments: