Thursday, September 21, 2006

Thursday, September 21, 2006 - Old Red Barn

Well last night went better than expected. I finished the old red barn paper piecing project. It was a pain in the rear since the pattern was so poorly written. I was going to do simple square borders, but my mom talked me into trying the half square triangles in the corner. They will look pretty cool, but just a pain in the neck. They are supposed to be paper pieced, but the pattern isn't correct and it calls for 6 inch corner squares, but the borders are 4 1/2" Needless to say I figured out how to make 4 1/2 inch corner square triangles. It will be interesting when I get the border on. I still have a little ways to go, but we'll see what happens. My mom thought I could bring it for Sew & Sews club tonight, but I don't like to take unfinished projects for show and tell. I have the woven star table runner and the Fall time wall hanging to take, so that should be good. Guess I should do some work.
Post A Comment! :: Send to a Friend!

Friday, September 22, 2006 - Barn
Posted by Luv2SewandSew
Congratulations on finishing your barn! I like the idea of the triangles in the corner - reminds me of the "hole in the barn door" pattern! Can't wait to see pictures! Michelle
Permanent Link
Friday, September 22, 2006 - Barn
Posted by Luv2SewandSew
Congratulations on finishing your barn! I like the idea of the triangles in the corner - reminds me of the "hole in the barn door" pattern! Can't wait to see pictures! Michelle
Permanent Link

No comments: