Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Wednesday, September 6, 2006 - Stupid rotary cutter

Well I call it a stupid rotary cutter, but it does work pretty well, except when you cut your finger. Last night I was working on my Mt. Rushmore t-shirt quilt. I had all the blocks cut out and sewed with their sashings. When I went to line up the first block to make it even the rotary cutter jumped and sliced my first finger open on my left hand. The blood was gushing out and the pain horrendous! I have never even come close to cutting anything before. I thought I was going to have to have stitches. Luckily it was a clean cut and I applied pressure and Paul got the bleeding stopped, so we didn't have to go in, but it still hurts. I have it wrapped today and it didn't split open in the night, so that is good. Tonight I'll get a haircut and then go back to squaring up those blocks. I was almost thinking I would be done in a couple days. We'll see about that. I would like to have the top done tomorrow night so I know if I need to buy more fabric at the quilt show. Guess we'll see, but my rotary cutter is still stupid because I'm in lots of pain and typing all day doesn't help it.

Post A Comment! :: Send to a Friend!
Wednesday, September 6, 2006 - Yikes!
Posted by Vesuviusmama
I've never cut myself either, and sometimes I catch myself using it incorrectly and worrying about cutting myself... It sounds like you didn't get any blood on the quilt (see where my priorities are!) and that's good. I'd love to see a photo of it. I am working on my first ever t-shirt quilt. I can see myself doing more of these - it was fun!
Permanent Link
Wednesday, September 6, 2006 - Accident
Posted by Luv2SewandSew
Well I hope it heals quickly! Don't forget to put some Neosporin to make it heal faster! At least now too, you can say you literally have blood, sweat and tears into your quilt! LOL! Good luck! Michelle
Permanent Link

No comments: